BREXIT - Lets provoke some comments please

by ZAPPA-ESQUE 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

This is Wunder-Food for Dubs [My dub family are already having apocalyptic orgasms about this ]" Its 'bad" this is the "trigger" .... "you should come back now "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in reality what will it bring for you and I - the regular Pawns of Society ?

- End of Western civilisation? -

European Council President Donald Tusk gave perhaps the most dramatic of any warning from a global leader, suggesting last week that this could be the end of the West as we know it.

"As a historian, I am afraid this could in fact be the start of the process of the destruction of not only the EU but also of Western political civilisation," he told Germany's Bild newspaper.

- Black Friday -

The British pound took a wild ride on the markets as results began coming in Thursday night, with a series of victories for the anti-EU camp fuelling a slump in the currency hours after it touched a 2016 high of $1.50.

US billionaire George Soros, who famously profited by betting against the pound in a 1992 currency crisis, predicted a "Black Friday" if Britain votes to leave.

"If Britain leaves the EU it will have at least one very clear and immediate effect that will touch every household: the value of the pound would decline precipitously," he wrote in the Guardian on Monday.

- Curtains for Cameron? -

Prime Minister David Cameron took a huge gamble in calling the referendum in 2013.

As the results began trickling in Thursday night, 83 lawmakers from his Conservative Party released a letter urging him to stay in his post regardless of the outcome.

But there is a widespread belief that after leading the campaign to stay in the EU, Cameron would have no choice but to quit if he lost.

Conservative former finance minister Ken Clarke put it bluntly: "The prime minister wouldn't last 30 seconds if he lost the referendum."

- Global economic hit -

"A UK vote to exit the European Union could have significant economic repercussions," US Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said this week.

"It would usher in a period of uncertainty that is very hard to predict," she added, warning of volatility in global markets.

The International Monetary Fund issued a similarly downbeat assessment, warning that Brexit could deal the British economy a "negative and substantial" blow, possibly sinking back into a recession.

The Washington-based lender also warned that "contagion effects" from the decision could hit markets worldwide.

In a report released last month, the British Treasury offered two potential scenarios, neither of them cheerful: either a 3.6-percent or six-percent drop in GDP two years after a Brexit.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Sir Cliff Richard has just released a remake of this hit - "We aren't going on a Summer holiday"

https://youtu.be/rbNP5yqg7hc?t=1

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I suspect that after all the hype has died down, Brexit will have as much impact on "western civilization" as the Y2K bug did 16 years ago. (ie, virtually none.)

• kaik
    kaik

Of course it is the end of Western Civilization as we know it. Europe is dying and decaying. As ex-European, I am amused and amazed how f.ed this Continent is every time I go there. Just comparing gas prices, choices of goods in the stores in relationship to USA, prices of almost all consumer products, tiny housing, dilapidated roads-cities-infrastructure-factories. And Europeans do not care! They just want to have a good time even when living standard is declining and stagnating. 1/4 to 2/5 of European youth is unemployed; yet they go live with their welfare money in some 3rd world country and party like is no tomorrow. 2/3 of Germans never will own house, they will just continue to rent. Almost half of Europeans do not own car, because they cannot afford it; but they being brainwashed by green-party ideology that they are environmentally conscious. Europe must bankrupt and get on its knees so people can learn to work and taking care for themselves instead depending on state and welfare.

I know I just sound too critical of Europe, but Europeans totally resigned on improving their society and economy in the past 25 years. This can only change, when the society is totally down, and they have to start from nothing like did Germans after 1945.

• kaik
    kaik

I suspect that after all the hype has died down, Brexit will have as much impact on "western civilization" as the Y2K bug did 16 years ago. (ie, virtually none.)

Y2K created boom in IT. Nasdaq is bellow the peak in achieved 16 years ago and the effect from the boom/bust is still lingering today. The boom after 2003 till 2007 was short-lived and fueled by housing boom. American, Japan, and European real salaries did not recovered to the levels of 1999, almost entire generation. And we do not need to go too far into history when common market disintegrated and what was the economic cost. USSR is one of the example and Russia and all its ex-Soviet republics did not recover from this shock. UK / EU relationship is not much different, UK was a part of EU economic zone for 40+ years. UK (contrary what they think) is not economically unique and different from Russia when its economic zone disintegrated.

• alanv
    alanv

No question JWs love things like this. They will be telling vulnerable people that this shows how man cannot get on together and rule themselves. They will be saying that the only answer is for God's heavenly kingdom, which will be taking over very soon.

• Buck Rogers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit