Why would anyone choose to support Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by Half banana 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I was not raised or born in. I converted at 25. And yes, I did study virtually all religions before converting from Presbyterian.

I have sympathy for those who wasted their life in this religion because they were born in it or raised in it. The fact you actually converted to this religion as an adult gives me an indication to your mental state. It is apparent you lack intellectual honesty with your above statement. You don't even have the convictions to follow your religion and instead visit and participate in known apostate sites. Again weak will, so sad.

The statement that you study virtually all religions indicates to me your truthfulness. There are over 4,200 active religions and 10s of thousands of sects and branches in those religions. This doesn't even include all the dead religions. I understand your masters the Governing Body has commanded you not to obtain a college education, but you might want to check out a few books at your local library.

Source

The Worlds' Religions, Revised and Updated By Huston Smith

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Because, regardless of its glaring flaws, it's still the best thing going atm.....makemeanunbeliever

.........It May Be A Giant Pile Of Shit..But..

.............IT`S "MY" GIANT PILE OF SHIT..

...........Image result for Big pile of shit

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No situation/organization/political party/etc. is 100% good or 100% bad. It all depends on who you are, your experience, and what you choose to accentuate.

Inherently evil?!!! ..... Now, that's crazy talk.

DY

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I don't know DY.

Supporting an organization that prays for the death of billions of innocent men, women, children and babies so you can have paradise?

Supporting an organization that purposely leads people away from the Christian means of salvation?

Sounds evil to me. Might as well join a terror group.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It doesn't have to be 100% bad, just bad enough. And it is.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Lets give Doubtfully Yours a break as she is being honest. She has a place and apparently she is comfortable with it.

"...The community, personal interactions, the hanging out thing, hubby, parents, extended family, friends,

We all know JW's that would make the same claim and highlight the same benefits........ including ourselves at one time or another.

All relationships are conditional. They are conditional on beliefs, traditions, culture and common experiences.

How many of those workplace friendships survived when you left the company for a better opportunity or got dumped? What about military service....... guys that risked their lives in combat muster out and never see or hear from one another again. Even a bowling league is conditional. You get the friendship and association as long as you show up and bowl.

In every relationship, even with one's mate there are conditions ask anyone who is married or divorced.

Not saying it's right only that it's part of society and the human experience.

You're supporting an organisation that has blood on it's hands, that encourages a system where sexual abuse goes unchallenged and that tears families apart through disfellowshipping and shunning.

Agreed. But maybe she is not supporting those things.

Because there is a large amount of dishonesty that goes on in food production, the military, insane asylums, Hospitals, drug companies etc..We inadvertently support a lot of nasty stuff when we make our purchases of goods and products.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"I did study virtually all religions before converting from Presbyterian."

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Whatever works in this continuous pursuit of happiness, do it.

Life is short, so, whatever the situation, make the best of it. It's all good. Relax.😎

Be well,

DY

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I don't mean to attack DY it's just that there is always another choice. Don't give up and feel like your stuck for the sake of people. If you have friends who are witnesses Im sure you can make great friends outside the organization too. Just be true to yourself. Don't live a lie for the sake of having friends. There's a lot of people in the world that would love to make a new friend.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Giordano,

You have words of truth and much wisdom.🙂

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit