Why would anyone choose to support Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by Half banana 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

What is the point of supporting a belief which began as a Bronze Age ox-headed idol called Yahweh... in a religion designed for illiterate peasants now appropriated by a money-driven cult with a one hundred and forty six year unbroken record of total failure of its bible based predictions?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I think the main drive for being a Jehovah is you can save a ton of money on Christmas presents every year.

Its really kinda sad seeing people at the hall. All the failed promises and yet they cling on, hoping that their day will come. People are so depressed now that if the big A don't come soon we are going to see more suicides in the Borg or hopefully a mass exodus.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can think of one reason: If you hate everyone named Sophia or Caleb, and everyone that has someone with one of those names in their families. You see, it was that stupid cartoon that featured austerity for the sake of joke-hova. It was Sophia that was used to guilt people out of ice cream money.

Hence, each time anyone donates money to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, they are connecting with that video. Those names are also psychically connected--if you donate money, you are sending negative energy their way. It also spreads to everyone in the world, and especially those in the same religion. One more reason to refrain from donating. Besides, you are depriving yourself the chance to get silver or gold before Neptune reaches 9 degrees of Pisces this coming February 16.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Because, regardless of its glaring flaws, it's still the best thing going atm.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Makemeanunbeliever

Thats like saying my chronic violent diarrhea is the best thing going at the moment.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    Because, regardless of its glaring flaws, it's still the best thing going atm.

How do you know? (Esp. if you are born into the organization.)

Have you actually studied all other religions to know that for a fact? Or is the knowledge you have about other religions only what the Society's publications have told you?

A devout Catholic who desires to sincerely worship God could say the same thing. "Regardless of the glaring flaws in the Catholic church, it's still the best thing going at the moment." Why is that statement any less valid than your statement?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Because, regardless of its glaring flaws, it's still the best thing going atm

Yes, I'm sure you've researched every single belief system and organization in the entire world. You are just a confused person with no convictions or backbone. Make a stand for your beliefs. Either you believe in a God and the Watchtower is his representation or you don't.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Half Banana - "Why would anyone choose to support Jehovah’s Witnesses?"

If they felt it was in their interests (social, financial, etc.) to do so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Makemeanunbeliever - "...regardless of its glaring flaws, it's still the best thing going atm."

Translation: "even if it's not the Truth, it's still the best way to live."

x

Waiting with baited breath for an extinction-level-event to wipe out 99% of humanity is "the best way to live"?

Being complicit in the cover-up - and therefore propagation - of egregious criminal activities is "the best way to live"?

Denying yourself and any other family member the chance to be a whole person is "the best way to live"?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It is not in my best emotional/financial/social interest to flee from the group. All the JWs (INO) I hang out with are very lovely people.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit