Urging More Lurkers To Sign Up

by freemindfade 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stirred
    Stirred
    I'm more comfortable posting in member only sections, expecially when first starting here.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

This site, after being out for decades, has allowed me to break bread with my lost tribe the very people who shared my JW experiences both good and bad.

It has been a positive experience for me to be associated with such fine people and be able to watch them unwind the teachings of the WTBTS and start to grow emotionally and personally.

To see people realize it was and continues to be a very ignorant religion that is reckless with the health and welfare of it's followers.

We welcome Lurkers! You actually matter to us........imagine that.

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother

Isaiah 60:22 says, a little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time. KJV

Brothers and sisters, how encouraging it is to truly see Jehovah's blessing and hand in this matter.

• talesin
    talesin

fmf - what a great thread. I'd like to welcome all lurkers to join, and a special note to those who, like myself, may have left years, or decades ago.

I feel the same as Giordano. If you have been out of the b'Organization for many years, you would be of great value to the site, and benefit yourself as well. For me, it meant that I had found one of my 'tribes'.

There are things, like 'in' jokes about our lives as children, or the absolute misery of field service when knocking on schoolmates' doors, that very few people in our current lives understand. That feeling of kinship has many benefits.

On the flip side, your experiences in life, both negative and positive, can help the people exiting JWS, to see that life after DF or DA, is fulfilling, and that freedom is sweet. xx tal

• talesin
    talesin
    I'm more comfortable posting in member only sections, expecially when first starting here.

Indeed.

The internet is not private, and even on 'members only', it's important to remember that there may be people in your area, monitoring this board - you never know who may be reading. Exercise caution at all times, and take time to think before you press "Enter" on a PM, or "Post Reply" on a comment. Ask yourself these questions:

"Is this more than I want to reveal in public? to this stranger?"

... and ...

"Is this appropriate?"

You're in the Real World now, and you alone are responsible for your choices and your actions. There is no 'mother' to tell you what is appropriate. Listen, and learn. Explore, and don't let anyone put you down. xx tal

• Simon
    Simon

Members-only at least prevents content being generally searchable on Google but shouldn't be confused with private and protected - the only barrier to access after all is signing up. I have no way to vet anyone's identity or intentions.

We do our best to make sure this is a safe place and your identity should be fairly safe though as long as you don't reveal anything about yourself, use aliases and avatars from elsewhere etc... I even proxy all images to prevent IP tracking but ultimately security is everyone's individual concern.

• talesin
    talesin
    We do our best to make sure this is a safe place and your identity should be fairly safe though as long as you don't reveal anything about yourself, use aliases and avatars from elsewhere etc..

I've been online since the late 80s. When I found JWD, back in the early oughts (lol, I feel OLD saying that) I looked around a lot of places, and since then, have been a member of other forums.

This is by far, the most protected (in terms of any member being abused by other members), and safest (from viruses, and prolific ads), that i've seen. In an all-round sense, JWN can't be topped. Worked in IT for a number of years, and I never worry about security on JWN. Many thanks to Simon, Angh, family and mods. xx t

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    If you don't reveal where you live and alter facts about yourself a little bit and use an alias, no one will know who you are. And don't worry, it doesn't mean disloyalty to Jehovah if you comment here. It means you need to talk to someone.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I began posting in mid 2009 after many, many, years of doubting since mid 90's. LOL, my ''handle'', I chose it with a good assumption that no body would have any clue I ''knew'' about it.
  • All for show
    All for show
    I was terrified, to sign up, like I had crossed an unforgivable line with Jehovah. What if i was wrong? My armpits were sweating... I had dry mouth... everything. Once I posted and had pages of responses, more concern and interest shown than I had in decades at a Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit