Elder signs off in talk

by neat blue dog 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

How in the WORLD was he allowed to completely finish without being ushered off the stage??

https://youtu.be/TKYuJaMfZIQ

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Did they ask him to give the prayer after the " bible study with the watchtower" ended? 😃

It is surprising he was not walked off the stage

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow blast from the past! Good to hear this again.

This was from 2002, twenty years ago now, and a significant event in my own awakening. I can say a little about this. I wasn’t there but I knew people who were in the Kingdom Hall that day. The presiding overseer was in the front row in this tiny Kingdom Hall, only a few feet away from the speaker. He fidgeted through the talk and considered interrupting the talk, but he wasn’t a very decisive man and in the end allowed the speaker to finish. The speaker himself intended a more forthright conclusion to the talk, but when the time came he decided to emphasise his affection for members of the congregation instead as his goodbye. Good talk, good man.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Awesome! I find it curious that in a short 22 minutes, he hit on three things I hold dear.

The HG Wells short story about the blind, I read that and remember talking about it with my mom. I had forgotten who wrote it ( I would have guessed Bradbury) but it was a memorable story.

I desire mercy and not sacrifice. One of my favorite quotations.

My yoke is kindly and my load is light. Also one of my favorites.

Bravo, I hope this brother is still doing well.

• asp59
    asp59

Imagine if we have gotten real brothers like that in the GB the last 50 years. People that were there to make changes so org would be a more biblical org base on agape. Watchtower wouldent be in the mess it is now for sure. No doubt in My mind the evil slave class been in charge for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit