Crazy ass excuses

by Crazyguy2 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

So it was brought up lately that my lack of faith is partially do to stories in the Bible like the one in Samuel where god kills David’s first born son. The excuse I heard today wasn’t that god killed David’s son no he just didn’t bless him so then he died. WTF!!! 2 Samuel 12 starting in verse 14, you be the judge.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

The parable of the Good Samaritan implies that if someone needs your help and you don't help them, you're not a nice person.

There's plenty of Bible verses that indicate that you should help people of.you can, and if you don't you're an asshole.

Supposedly life is sacred, but apparently not to God.

But hey, pathetic excuses is what you get when trying to make sense of contradicting stories and myths with obsolete morals...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Isn`t the God of the Bible whatever name one might call him solely responsible for millions if not billions of deaths of humans , not to mention the animals he wanted sacrificed for him , according to the Bible ?

Whereas I think the Bible attributes about 10 humans who died because of Satan the devil.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"14 Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord,[b] the child who is born to you shall die.”

Let me get this straight -- God did not perform an abortion here; he waited until the child was born before he killed him, letting the offender live.

I can see that kind of justice holding up in a modern court of law -- NOT!

• blondie
    blondie

Some very good points here, I'm saving them to my file for great answers to stupid statements in WT publications.

FF2005, remember that god told the Israelites to go into cities and kill everything breathing, including babies and mothers with babies in their wombs.

And at Armaggeddon, every person not a baptized jw, will die forever, including babies, small children, and babies in the womb.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

David killed a lot of people by disobeying God.

1. Counted the Israelites - Did David die or get punished? No, 70,000 israelites died.
    2. Had sex with a married woman which is punishable by death for both - Did David die or Bathsheba? No. The child that didn't have a choice got killed.
    3. Killed Bathsheba's husband - Didn't die.

And let's not forget that God "rewarded" the two of them with Solomon who also got some freebies in life with all of his wives, chariots etc.

God is good to his "friends" but if you aren't, you can get instant death like the poor guy who touched the ark because it was tilting.

I can think of numerous excuses the WT has provided for God, as to why he was right in doing these things.

By the way, if you read the choices David had for punishment when he counted the nation, the first was having enemies come and fight them, the second was a famine. Both would have impacted David and his finances more than the plague he chose. And it doesn't appear that David thought he could possibly die. It's all good....

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yahweh broke his own rules of justice because he needed David's messianic seed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit