Quarantine, A Time for Self Reflection

by 1234 1 Replies latest jw friends

"Are they keeping you busy?"

I'm not quite sure what this means but maybe you have been asked this question in the pass. As in busyness is some kind of sign that things are going good.

Yes, people's lives are full of lots of activities, school, work, shopping, taking kids to soccer ect. and hell, if you are a Jehovah's Witness drop in hundreds of hours of meetings, field service ect.

Years seem to fly by as busy days turn into full weeks, as the months fly off the calendar.

Yes, "life" kept us busy. How much of these activities were really important? Of course my 50 years and 1000's of hours as a Jehovah's Witness, accomplished a lot...lol

But the whole concept of working fifty weeks a year at a job that was not that enjoyable so you could spend two weeks on vacation doing what you really wanted do, didn't seem to make much sense either.

Of course as a Witness there could never be "real" happiness in this old system. True happiness is always in the distant future. Pie in the sky when you die.

The journey should be the enjoyable part, not the destination.

My 40 year old son who has moved back in with me wants to bag the whole thing and move to south America and travel around there for awhile. I told him he should do it.

Being a good Jehovah's Witness I always did what I was suppose to do. I never had a real childhood. Pioneered and went to Bethel. Got married the week after Bethel and went to work. Fifty years later here we are.

Now there is plenty of time to look back on all that "busy" work I was doing.

So what is my advise?

If something doesn't feel right don't do it. If it's a marriage, a job, a religion....Your "gut feeling" will never be wrong. Your mind will be wrong often but your heart never will be. Going against your "gut feeling" will only create a life full of regrets.

Namaste my friends

Keith

• James Jack
    James Jack

Nicely said my friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit