BAD, BAD Christendom - the coal calling the kettle black!

by The Fall Guy 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

w02 12/1 p. 3 Giving Until It Hurts - “Organized religion seems to be able to survive only with sizable financial support. (lol – aren't JW's an “organized religion, and how the hell do they survive - on marshmallows?)..How is the necessary money to be found?...Most likely you agree that giving should be part of Christian worship. However, do you find insistent appeals for money disturbing, perhaps even offensive? Brazilian theologian Inácio Strieder observes that “unemployed people, widows, slum dwellers, and those who are incapable of critical thinking conclude that...they are obliged to give so much to ‘the preacher’ that their own families go hungry.” You may wonder: ‘...could some religions be invoking the fear of God to fleece the flock? Really, does God expect us to give until it hurts, as some would say?’

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Rampant hypocrisy or total delusion... but definstely absolute irony.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

That was prior to the Sophia videos on giving ice cream money to the WT.

There has been a dramatic change from that time to now.

I really don't recognize the religion cult anymore.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven7 - "Rampant hypocrisy or total delusion..."

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. :smirk:

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Automatically, there is a dollar value on every head that cracks a door to the assemblies. This one day was in a auditorium in a school - this time, no visuals on screen, no flowers, just the table and chairs, podium and mike and sound men and equipment - cleaning done before and after, sisters did bathrooms before, after and during,

There were 1500 in attendance with 5 baptized BUT the cost was $11,000.00!!! For what? Setting up chairs - we brought own meal.

Do the math -- there had been a $12000.00 balance from last one day, but sent it to the society and left us with the money to be made up. They were $5000 short at 3 pm. Dont know if they got rest.

Great job if you can get it - not to mention the cash machines in attendance as well.

• sir82
    sir82

those who are incapable of critical thinking

Well, that pretty much sums up...about 99.9% of JWs.

JWs are repeatedly taught that "critical thinking" is worldly, evil, Satanic.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Giving until it hurts? You should never do that for a religion. That is a good way to do a poverty working on yourself. Even with regular charities, you should give within your means, not beyond it.

And especially with this religion. I got negative value out of the a$$emblies, not to mention having my energy harvested for the reptilians (who are now using it to put Noahide Law into effect on earth, and take away the whole Internet so we cannot hope to communicate, except to use it to hold us as slaves). Why should I donate money for that? At those "suggested" donation levels, one day's donations equals about 4 silver quarters (more or less, as the price of silver fluctuates), or one book of German stories to help me with that, or a dozen legal song downloads from Amazon. For a whole Grand Boasting Session's worth, I can get a video game for Nintendo 3DS, or 2 Australian Kookaburras (which are a bit on the high premium side).

Even with silver, I buy only within my means. It should not hurt worse than a bee sting--unlike giving to joke-hova, which hurts way worse. This is a reminder that the dollar may not buy anything tomorrow, and insurance so that I will have purchasing power if we lose the dollar (much like saving for retirement). But, I am not getting my energy drained for joke-hova to use on removing the whole Internet and imposing Noahide Law on the whole world by buying silver. Fact is, I never got that a$$embly headache making a purchase of silver.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I can't stop telling my jw old man. So how many times did they beg for $$$$$ today.,? ,If their growing so much why they sell the Gun Hill Rd hall? 1.3. Million is a lot of money. Did they give a refund to the bro.s. That pledged? I rinse and repeat " you can build lots of grass huts in Africa with that 1.3 Million

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why don`t the G.B. members do what they keep telling the R&F Jehovah`s Witnesses to do ,and that is "put your trust in Jehovah" and "pray more" ?

Each G.B. member can have a turn at purchasing a lottery ticket each week ,pray earnestly to Jehovah and bingo .

Jehovah provides with a win.

How hard is that .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Hotpepper...

Exactly.

They don't need to sell an individual half-million-dollar property in the West just to build an equivalent replacement in darkest Africa, when the average KH there doesn't need to be any more than a slightly oversized gazebo.

Therefore, they're pocketing the difference.

(Or, as some of us have come to suspect, each Hall sold covers another child abuse settlement. The ratio seems pretty even-steven, after all. :smirk:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit