A Shunned Success Story - From GED to MIT

by dubstepped 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I haven't shared any of my podcasts here in a long time but since I started a new type of episode I thought some might like it.

Welcome to the first episode of the Shunned Success Stories series. In this episode we meet Kelsey and get to learn from her path as she went from a homeschooled member of Jehovah’s Witnesses to recently being accepted to attend MIT. You’ll learn about her struggles on this path as she is shunned by her family and former friends, how she overcame that for this part of her journey, and the new opportunities that she’s found. Success as defined by these episodes is personal happiness, so look for the lessons you can take on your own journey to find more happiness in your life.

You can listen on the podcast app of your choice such as iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Podbean, Podcast Republic (my personal choice), or many others.

You can also find the podcast on iHeartRadio, Spotify, Radio Public, Player.fm, Radio.com, and Owltail.

There is a player on my website where you can listen at:

Or if you prefer you can listen on YouTube at:

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Thank you!

I appreciate a little slice of happiness through positive story in these sad times of pandemic, confusion, rioting and sharp divide among humans on every issue. An example for anyone like her to rise from the shameful practice of shunning and the devastating doldrums it usually brings to instead a bright hopeful future. MIT will absolutely transform her life in ways most of us could only dream about.

Boeing, Spacex, and NASA love MIT brains. I hear an astronauts voice in her. Space is our future. We all want off the planet.

You also have a very pleasant and soothing voice. Confident, eloquent and reassuring.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks for the kind words! I've done a lot of interviewing through my normal Shunned episodes, but this was my first of this new type of episode.

I'm really excited for Kelsey. Like you said, there are some people out there that might appreciate her mind that could create some amazing opportunities for her in the future. Kelsey is a woman, and a woman of color, and a woman being shunned, and who knows she could be reaching for literal stars in some way. I had this recorded a couple weeks ago when it was only a pandemic that was front and center and now so many other things are boiling over as well. I had planned to release it this week and I hope it gives others something positive to think about too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit