Comparing Memorial Outlines--2002-and-2020!

by Atlantis 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

A request we received to show older Memorial outlines compared to the most recent.

Comparing Memorial Outlines-2002-and 2020!

The Watchtower wants our Personal Data,....Ok!

Petra!
  • stillMS
    stillMS

struggle to spot any big difference in these outlines...

But anyway, thanks a lot, Petra!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

stillMS:

I agree! I don't see any earth-shattering differences either.

Petra!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

No earth shattering differences, I agree.

But I spotted one, they have dropped reading Revelation 14v4. This talks of the 144,000 being "firstfruits to God and the Lamb", which immediately begs the question, who then are the further "fruits" that will enter Heaven ? J.W's teach that the 144,000 is a literal number, and the total from earth who enter heaven.

Rev 14v4 says different.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Phizzy:

Good find!

Petra!

• sir82
    sir82

The Memorial outlines prior to 2002 were much different, I suspect.

Would be interesting to compare them from the 80s & 90s too.

I remember the Memorial outlines from when i was a little kid - lots of detail on the Jewish passover, and how it corresponded to Jesus' ransom.

I dunno, maybe I was just young & impressionable, but the old outlines (40+ years ago to qualify as "little kid" for me) seemed to make the occasion "holy", somehow. The latest ones are as dry & crumbly as the wafers they pass around.

• Half banana
    Half banana

There must be some ambivalence in JW HQ these days.

The doctrine of drinking the blood and eating a man's flesh is obviously not a Christian thing to do! In fact JWs are only too aware of the prohibition Jews were under regarding drinking blood.

However repulsive and clearly pagan, it is in the Christian Bible and therefore however contradictory: you gotta do it 'cos the Bible cannot possibly, ever be wrong!

Back in the 1970s the governing body would still have had pride in seeing the 'anointed' decline in number. It signified the distinction between the two hopes they had manufactured back in the early 1930s, the earthly and the heavenly-- and with it, it also signified the nearness to the end of the old world system as they then called it. They would diminish and the 'other sheep' would grow and the heavenly ones would still be there to usher in the new kingdom paradise-- remember the OS began in 1931 so the number of 'heavenly ones' was sealed at that time---what a pipe dream!

Nowadays eating sacrificial victims and drinking their blood is not considered kosher but neither is the vast increase in the numbers of those partakers! They gloriously eat and drink to confirm that the Watchtower got it wrong again!

It is hardly surprising that "the memorial" is lacklustre.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit