Watch Tower is NOT Parasitic

by berrygerry 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I was pondering about how parasitic Watch Tower was and looked it up on wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitism

Interestingly, Watch Tower is not parasitic, as a parasite does not destroy its host - the host sustains the parasite.

Instead Watch Tower is a parasitoid, which "unlike a true parasite, however, it ultimately sterilizes or kills, and sometimes consumes, the host."

Very apt description.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitoid

• sir82
    sir82

I would contend it is a parasite on human society.

Society in general (and the US constitution in particular) protects the rights of religious groups and gives them special treatment. Many religions in turn repay this benevolence to society thru charitable works. The WTS reaps the benefits of the protection and special treatment yet provide virtually nil to society in return.

The WTS is sustained thru special tax treatment and legal protections - it does not "kill" its host.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I would contend it is a parasite on human society.

Totally agree. I consider it to be a leech, as these types are often called.

However, with respect to its members, WT ultimately consumes them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Not only does a mass movement depict the present as mean and miserable - it deliberately makes it so. It fashions a pattern of individual existence that is dour, hard, repressive and dull. It decries pleasures and comforts and extols the rigorous life. It views ordinary enjoyment as trivial or even discreditable, and represents the pursuit of personal happiness as immoral.....Eric Hoffer

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I wouldn't see individual JWs as the host they are a tiny cell of the host organism but not the whole. The host in WT's case is JWs as a group where individual members over time join and leave, die and are born just as old cells die new ones take their place but the body as a whole remains .

They even tell it's members that with the promise "Jehovah promises to protect his people as a group."

I prefer to think of WT as vampires sucking out the lifeblood or energy of it's captive victims in the form of using up their physical, emotional and monetary energy in order to stay alive.

If you let them, these energy vampires they will suck you dry and then move on to a new victim.

• steve2
    steve2

The Wiki definition is incomplete.

Parasites "know" that if they literally kill their host, the usefulness of the host is limited.

Therefore, effective parasites do not so much destroy but render helpless the host so they can keeping using the host for as long as they need to. Wiki needs to modify its definition in light of what actually happens in nature.

• berrygerry
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Do you know the definition of a parasite?

Not the faux Awake learnin' but the real dictionary term.

• Lieu
    Lieu

A parasite purposely sucks the life out of its host. JWS don't live, they exist. WTBTS sucks the life out of its adherents: They look towards a future life they can't even be sure they'll be good enough to obtain. Meanwhile, they do absolutely nothing with this life to show they "love their neighbors as themselves". On the contrary, they abhor their neighbors .... just waiting around for them to die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit