Confusion with 'Message of Judgement'

by Listener 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

There has been some discussion regarding the change in the JWs message so I thought I would have a listen to the recent annual meeting to try to get an idea as to why the JWs are not clear on the matter, once again. It's strange that the Annual Meeting hasn't been put on JW org Tv to date.

It looks like the confusion stems from a talk given by Tight Pants Tony and I've written out a part of that talk.

His talk was titled 'making our blows count'. Throughout, he talks about 'hard hitting blows' which does nothing to conjure up thoughts of a Christians duty in spreading the good news.

Times running out. God's made that very clear to us. We need to help people come into the Truth. ...This is a time for decision. We're looking for people who will act on what they learn. That's where our blows will be effective. People have to act upon it and if you're not seeing that, just keep searching. Let the Angels and Jehovah's spirit take you to rightly disposed ones.

And something we forget, umm, our work is twofold. We can forget that sometimes. We're searching and bringing in the rightly disposed and the others, were praising and honoring Jehovah by (gibberish) because they're hearing about Jehovah's judgement day.

So, it's twofold, it's a warning work. You can go a whole morning and you can have what you thought was an ineffective day, you placed no literature but you praised God because they're still thinking about it. Jehovah's Witnesses and their efforts to preach in that territory. So, gotta keep that in mind.

So that's one problem, here's problem two, that we wanna address.... We have so many tools...it can be overwhelming and confusing.

The Watchtower July, 2015 says this about the Great Tribulation

This will not be the time to preach the “good news of the Kingdom.” That time will have passed. The time for “the end” will have come! (Matt. 24:14) No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end. The Bible likens this message to hailstones when it says: “Great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent, fell from heaven on the people, and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague was unusually great.”Rev. 16:21.

The facts are that they have always stated that they are preaching a hard hitting message, so nothing is really any different but through the trickery of their speech many JWs jump to the conclusion that Armageddon is imminent. Everything remains the same.

Still, Morris' speech makes it sound as if they are in some sort of transitional period where they are preaching both the Good News to those 'rightly disposed' and proclaiming a hard hitting message of judgement to others and doing it with less publications because people will just remember their message long after they're gone.

The part I have quoted from A Morris starts around 3.16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0_6GweYEpU&t=11839s

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

They want people to come along and get baptised pronto to bump up the baptism figures. No studying with people for years, that does nothing for their stats.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So whats new ? the big" A" or "GT " just around the corner ? It`s imminent ?

How many times and how many years can they get away with this BS? The average JW has to be a lot dumber than I would ever have imagined .

This crap was doing the rounds in the mid 1970`s that the message was going to be changed to one of judgement against those who had not taken heed of the life saving message JW`s had been giving up until that time.

Here we go again I suppose

• waton
    waton

Pre 1975 wt put a limit of 6 month on any bible studies. even dear old ladies serving tea to special pioneers for years, were to be dropped after the 6 month ultimatum.

Strange though, with wt expecting the six thousand years to end and paradise to begin,after Armageddon, they never had the guts to actually go into full "judgement message " mode, tracts and all.

Perhaps that is why Armageddon did not come. Wt not printing the right stuff, and UN not responding and attacking... ha ha. Tony came close to the 6 month limit again. nice try.

• Moster
    Moster

"This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end."

AGAIN.

• carla
    carla

I am hoping the message of judgement is against the jw's! Maybe they need to look to their own before worrying about the rest of us. damn hypocrites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit