Cult Leader Thinks He’s Jesus

by Jules Saturn 5 Replies latest social current

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I was sent this video and don’t know if anyone was aware of it or if this has been posted before but in Russia there is a religion known as Vissarion’s Church of the Last Testament where their leader who was formerly known as Sergey Anatolyevitch Torop who goes by Vissarion believes he is the Messiah. According to the video, there are 5,000 followers worldwide with 2,000 followers actually living on site with Vissarion. I found it pretty odd but very interesting and wanted to share it on here. https://youtu.be/W2Cv5hZfOmk

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's fascinating that the same tendencies in people lead to worship of an all knowing deity, in the flesh or not.: lack of self worth, inability to think for ones self and an emotional attachment to a leader. I've seen this in other emotional cults and groups, ie: fundamental Christians who cry at the drop of an "amen" or Witnesses that worship the GB as guardians of the doctrine. "We have the truth," cue tears. If people in that cult had intellectual and spiritual freedom it just might be fun.

Interesting video thanks.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@Wasanelder Once

I think one of the things that intrigued me of the video was honestly how tranquil the location looked. Of course they wouldn’t want to leave it, it looked so peaceful and quiet, exactly like the Paradise Watchtower describes.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As the saying goes their is one born every minute ,I know I was one with the JW`s.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Not news to me. I shared before that I knew an elder who once said that he's Jehovah.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought you were talking about me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit