WT beliefs keep somebody I know from suicide, any suggestions?

by EndofMysteries 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The religion is like being on a dangerous drug or major abuser of alcohol in which suddenly stopping it will kill them even though remaining on it is also killing them.

Someone I know has poor health, on welfare and very poor, and unable to turn around and change their life. They are very depressed and been on care and had several close calls and suicidal thoughts. A big part of their life's situation is due to the lifetime of following the WT and they said what held them back from suicide is loosing their hope and not being forgiven, etc.

Seems the damage can't be undone and if they really awoke and learned TTATT then reality of their situation may just have them end their life, especially since too late to change anything. What are your thoughts?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Please get this person professional help before even starting on TTATT.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    What Anders said. Your concern is admirable EoM but your friend needs professional care.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Sounds like they really could use a good therapist to begin to unpick things first, and of course any medication for whatever diagnosis they have. Depending on where you are, that may not be easy financially if they're struggling for money. Worth having a look to see what is available (and within means) if they're willing to engage with some professional help? From what you say, they are already on the radar of local mental health services?

The damage may not be something which can be undone, but there are usually ways to help manage things better. Hope there is something available they can access to begin that process.

• johnna colins
    johnna colins

Yes when you say care, I trust you mean this person is being seen by psychologist. The one thing that clicked in my head and made me determined not to ever make a deliberate move to take my life was what my son said to me. He said you keep thinking everyone will forgive you. That it will end your hurt. Mom what you NEED to think about is the hurt that everyone of us is going to have to live with for the rest of our lives. We love you mom and by doing this you make us feel that the only one you cared about was the one you killed your self over. Don't you love us enough to stay alive for? His words changed me.

I truly feel the Wtbts trains you to feel you must commit suicide. Just like they say you won't be happy if you leave. For me at 1st I was told I would be apart of my expectant ggrandbabies'lives then when they were born, I was told I couldn't be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit