Every new court case means cookie cutter response "Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse"

by truthseeker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Has anyone noticed that with each new child abuse case that involves the Watchtower, there is no apology to the victims but only their standard cookie cutter response:

"Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse"

That's it. They "abhor child abuse", but they do not acknowledge any guilt.

I give them a G for repetition for emphasis

Take a look at some quotes from a simple Google search...

PBS

Feb 16, 2015 - In San Francisco, a woman is suing the Jehovah's Witnesses for failing ... Jehovah's Witnesses lawyer: Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse ...

Dec 14, 2015 - A top Jehovah's Witness leader, David Splane, addresses ... It said Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and comply with secular laws.

Oct 31, 2014 - Mario Moreno, associate general counsel for Watchtower, also commented: "Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect ...

Jan 3, 2016 - The spokesman said, β€œJehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse, and view it as a serious crime and sin. The safety of our children is of the utmost ...

Feb 18, 2013 - A Traralgon child has clubbed his pocket money together with three ... ''Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse, and place the protection of ...

Dec 1, 2014 - "Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts," Mario Moreno, associate general counsel for Watchtower ...

Oct 30, 2014 - β€œJehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts,” the organization said in a statement. β€œThe trial judge's ...

Apr 10, 2011 - Court saves baby's life after Jehovah's Witnesses parents refuse transfusion ..... In October 2011 the church's Governing Body wrote to all Victorian ... ''Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse, and place the protection of ...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

If you look up the definition of abhor it means the following:

"to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate."

Refusing a judicial order to hand over court ordered papers indicates the Watchtower does anything but "abhor."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If they abhor it then why don't they make it public (to the congregation) that there is a pedophile in the congregation? If one of my children were molested by someone in the congregation, and I found out the Elders knew and did not tell others, I would be furious. I would be hiring the best attorney money could by and be suing not only the Elders but WTBTS.

• sir82
    sir82

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse"

Image result for wrong word

"Jehovah's Witnesses abhor GETTING CAUGHT COMMITTING child abuse"..

But..but..I`m Important..

I`M a JEHOVAH`S WITNESS!!..

Image result for Watchtower logoImage result for businessman in handcuffsImage result for Watchtower logo

• Linda
    Linda

Toes Up, I agree completely. I would go to the newspapers and make a big stink for sure.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

The lawyers told them to say that, would look bad for them to admit how they really feel.

But I think it can be rightfully said they abhor child abuse. The travesty is they consider it a sin, not a crime.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Abhor, or adore? And what about the child abuse that affects every single one of them? Spiritual abuse affects every single member of the religion. Every time anyone, especially children, attend a boasting session, they get programmed to be afraid of everything that is human. They are programmed to be afraid of everything fun--right down to that ice cream cone. They are programmed that, if they think of anything but joke-hova, Satan is going to attack them. (A lie.) They are programmed that poverty is a virtue, and that they need to make legendary sacrifices to survive Armageddon. They are taught that it is wrong to want to do anything with their lives aside pious-sneering. Hardships are glorified.

What is so bad about this type of abuse is that nothing ever gets done about it, and it stays with victims forever. These children not only get old and die unsatisfied because of the religion, but the brainwashing returns in the next life and beyond. They are left with money and health problems, and endlessly struggle for nothing because they are brainwashed to believe it is a virtue. It persists until joke-hova is able to make a meal out of their soul or their souls dissipate because they cannot reincarnate.

This type of abuse affects every single one of them. Sex abuse only affects relatively few children. Physical abuse (spankings that become beatings) affect more of them. Emotional abuse is more prevalent (this includes such as being forced to stay in field circus through vacations, not having any fun, and being derided for not being good enough. But spiritual abuse affects everyone, and has the most lasting effect. Often, spiritual abuse is tied in with emotional or physical abuse.

Do the jokehovian witlesses abhor that type of abuse? Or, rather, do they aDORE it?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

'Course they "abhor" it...

a) ...the problem's become completely unfixable and it's getting them into deeper and deeper shit, and...

b) ...it's got to be annoying as hell when the "Biblical" rules they keep insisting on holding to (not to mention their privileged status as "God's Earthly Organization") aren't solving the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit