another kingdom hall closing

by nowwhat? 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

This one in avon lake ohio 25 miles west of cleveland. Only one congregation there. Average attendance was only 40.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

I have been wondering if one near me has closed. In the past the gates to the parking lot were always locked during off hours now they are always open. Now there also seems to never be any cars in the lot ever ever ever.

But the other KH same distance from me has had to re-pave their property because they ran out of parking spaces and the neighborhood allows NO street parking any where in the neighborhood. They just put up over 100 NO Parking Signs in a 3 mile radius of that KH. It was cute when they installed all the No Parking signs for 2 weeks the city put one of those big flashing signs across the street that read Parking tickets $120. It was pointed facing the KH entrance.

• Billy ex Blaze
    Billy ex Blaze

Another sign that "Jehoveh is blessing the work." 😩

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I am not very well connected to the JW world, but I know of a congregation that was disbanded and another that is struggling for numbers, in my country.

I am planning to post something on the UK accounts, released a couple of months ago. (I haven't had the time, but there are some interesting points to make.) One thing I noticed is that it appears that there was only one "new-build" Kingdom Hall ("Ferryfield") in the whole of the territory known as "Britain", in the last financial year.

• Chook
    Chook

Maybe head office is cashing in all the realestate.

• NewYork44M
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

rebelfighter: I'm actually appalled that a municipality would willingly do something like this just to trouble a particular religion. But than again, I assume that everyone in that neighborhood were victim of their hatred as no one could hold a house party since the guess would have no where to park. Bunch of idiots. If they are so troubled by the witnesses, they could they could do some minimal research about their belief, fill out the online form stating that they want a visit, and when they do, could give them a bit of the truth about the truth. Do some reverse witnesses. I believe in a society where people confront ideas. Not bullying.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

StaphaneLaliberte,

I believe the neighbors did not and was tired of people parking on their lawns. Would you like people parking on your front lawn? This entire area has no street parking. I assure you if one of this particular KH neighbors held a blowout party they most definitely would have more then sufficient parking in their front yard (far more then this dinky little KH has). I do believe most of these front lawn could park 75 to 100 cars nicely.

I will also guarantee you that the members of the KH do not go d2d in this neighborhood because each house sits behind a huge wall and individual coded gates.

Don't get me wrong WT is sitting on prime real estate the assessment is a half million which is the about one of the cheapest things for miles, they are one of the few not sitting on water. The ones on water are just plain out of site and unaffordable.

The other thing about this KH that I have always wondered about most KH are placed where there is lots of traffic on a main street/highway very visible. Never a JW but that was my understanding? Well this one, you better have a mighty fine GPS cause you just ain't gonna find this one without very good directions. It is well hidden and buried.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I would be pissed, too, if some business parked up the neighborhood making it difficult to navigate the streets.

A $120 fine, especially if signs are posted saying, "No Parking'" seems about right to me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sell 'em all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit