Why it's a waste of time talking to JW's

by Phizzy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Trying to 'help' a JW is a complete waste of time.

I think almost every ex-JW goes through several stages....with one of the first being "I'm going to help others get out"

It doesn't work. They embrace ignorance like most people do oxygen. Cults attract certain types of people....and until those people have something that jolts them into taking a closer look......they will ignore fact, logic, ....even love.

I honestly believe websites such as this....all the books and bios......they are to help those that have seen "TTATT"......not those still in......

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "...I told some apathy trolly drones that I didn't believe in god. They kept asking how did I think god felt about stuff. I had to keep repeating....he doesn't feel any way about things because he doesn't exist."

"...that-does-not-compute..."

It occurred to me that you can have some real fun with them once you realize they're not allowed to deviate from the script. :smirk:

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for plugging up ears not listening

They refuse to listen to anything negative, but often seeds are planted. It's a gradual thing where someday there may be the proverbial "straw" that brings it all crashing down, but most often something has to happen that "hits" them personally.

Image result for hit with a 2x4 between the eyes

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

While some are able to see for cerebral reasons, it seems like it is the emotional reasons that keep a JW from acting on even the most factual information.

The one sure way to knock a belief system right out of the tree is if they get mistreated by the elders.

When that happens?

THAT is a perfect time to say something that might really take root and gro,

Of course I say that because it is what happened in my case.   

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit