Hawaii: Catholic Church settles 30 of 40 priest sex abuse lawsuits

by AndersonsInfo 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow/db_330510/contentdetail.htm?full=true&contentguid=l1jEFdzQ&pn=&ps=#display

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Roman Catholic Church has reached settlements in 30 lawsuits filed by people in Hawaii who claim they were sexually abused by priests decades ago when they were children.

They are among 63 people who have made abuse allegations against priests in 40 lawsuits, according to legal documents obtained by Hawaii News Now.

Some of the cases have been reported in the media, such as the 2012 lawsuit filed by Mark Pinkosh claiming two priests at St. Anthony Church in Kailua sexually abused him.

Pinkosh said when he told then-Father Joseph Ferrario that another priest had raped him, Ferrario told him to keep the incidents secret and then Ferrario raped him. Ferrario, who is now deceased, went on to become the bishop of the Catholic Church in Hawaii. READ MORE http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow/db_330510/contentdetail.htm?full=true&contentguid=l1jEFdzQ&pn=&ps=#display

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Absolutely disgusting what the Catholic Church has done.

It's good that the victims have received money. This will help pay for treatment and help them to get the most out of their lives. They need all the help they can get.

However, I'd like to see many more examples of offending priests and fathers being jailed for a very, very long time.

These bastards should slop out for many decades, do manual labour, and have few creature comforts in jail. Some should spend the rest of their lives in jail, with no prospect of release. They should think themselves lucky that they're living in a civilized country. If I had my way, I'd string them up by their gonads.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I hope they paid through the nose. I cannot BELIEVE what men allow to continue in the churches or any organization where abusers are KNOWN. Anyone involved in that kind of crime should pay, in whatever context that they supported it\or perpetrated it. The church memberships of all these churches are ultimately the ones that pay the money, but the children are paying with their innocence. It's all too sad. Hawaii is not that big a place and historically, the population was quite small (and actually still is, relatively).
  • Anakin
    Anakin

Thank you for sharing this information Barbara..

It's so sad, and so disgusting..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit