Generation Nonsense in today's WT

by Slidin Fast 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Abraham was part of the 9th generation as a descendent of Shem. Yet, Their lives overlapped by 150 years. Yep, they were of the same generation! Err, err. Um.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Wow how long can they make a generation lol. What's a typical generation? 30 some years? Now they found a loop hole for 150? They are really getting desperate.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well, seeing as they believe that people lived for hundreds of years, then they will believe anything!
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Yeah, go back to the Old Testament to scriptures written in another language and another time to see what Jesus meant by the common everyday word 'generation'.

Makes perfect sense.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stuckinarut2...

Know what's really funny?

I can actually imagine them using that as an explanation for why "This Old System" is sill around in, say, 200 years... :smirk:

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    "They are really getting desperate." Not. This was not in any context with a "generation" discussion, but a reference to how Abram possibly could have heard about Jehova, since he was family and coexisted with Shem for 150 years.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Right Hippie but this will give them president to associate this with "the generation".

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

This all sounds 'degenerating' to me!

And I believe that the whole concept of "overlapping" originated when the majority of the gb looked down and noticed the "new (light)" relationship between at their belly and their belt.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Darknight757:

Wow how long can they make a generation lol. What's a typical generation? 30 some years? Now they found a loop hole for 150? They are really getting desperate.

Can't they pick Adam and some other multi-centenarian in the Bible and get 1500 years?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Think about this: Adam was supposed to be born about 6000 years ago and Jesus is "the last Adam" so that's at least a 6000 year generation.😊

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit