We Cannot Understand Because We Are Not Perfect

by berrygerry 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Starting this thread because of KateWild's post. (From where came God?)

The unanswerable questions of life are usually attributed to: "We are imperfect, so cannot understand. We only use, at most, only 10% of our brain, and more likely, only 1%. Once restored to perfection, then we will be able to understand."

Adam, however, was perfect, and therefore had 100% brain function. Which would be better, 1% to 10% of a genius, or 100% of a perfect man?

So, perfect Adam with 100% brain function, allowed his little head to outmanoeuvre his unparalleled perfect brain (even though they never actually had had sex yet)?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We are imperfect, so cannot understand.

That's one of those answers that kicks in due to one's cognitive dissonance when one cannot deal with the real answer.

Doc

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I liked a point brought out once in a Watchtower study (can't remember now if it was in the paragraph or a comment I made after reading between the lines), but so far perfection is batting .333 against sin. Let's face it, out of 3 perfect humans only one made it through with perfection intact and it took the Son of God to do that. Odds aren't good for humanity at large. Clearly God created a defective product. Don't blame the product, blame the manufacturer.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I'm so tired of the myth that we only use 10% of our brains.

But, yet, to the larger point - in my book anyone who asserts that there's something that we can't hope to understand is hiding something from their audience, and often from themselves as well. Most of the time "it's impossible to understand" really means "it's impossible to explain without generating contradictions." Sometimes it just means "I'm lying to you and don't want you to look deep enough to see the lie."

• sir82
    sir82

The unanswerable questions of life are usually attributed to: "We are imperfect, so cannot understand

But when, for example, trinitarians use that excuse, JWs cry out "Unfair!"

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

berrygerry, the entire basis of your O.P is based on Adam being created perfect. Therefore could you kindly tell me where you get this information from? If from the bible, the paragraph and section would be appreciated.

The Rebel.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

If anyone thinks we only use 1% or 10% of our brain - please tell me what part could I remove from your head?

WHY DO STUPID THINGS LIKE THIS PERSIST?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-people-only-use-10-percent-of-their-brains/

Though an alluring idea, the "10 percent myth" is so wrong it is almost laughable, says neurologist Barry Gordon at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore. Although there's no definitive culprit to pin the blame on for starting this legend, the notion has been linked to the American psychologist and author William James, who argued in The Energies of Men that "We are making use of only a small part of our possible mental and physical resources." It's also been associated with Albert Einstein, who supposedly used it to explain his cosmic towering intellect.
    The myth's durability, Gordon says, stems from people's conceptions about their own brains: they see their own shortcomings as evidence of the existence of untapped gray matter. This is a false assumption. What is correct, however, is that at certain moments in anyone's life, such as when we are simply at rest and thinking, we may be using only 10 percent of our brains.
    "It turns out though, that we use virtually every part of the brain, and that [most of] the brain is active almost all the time," Gordon adds. "Let's put it this way: the brain represents three percent of the body's weight and uses 20 percent of the body's energy."
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So, perfect Adam with 100% brain function, allowed his little head to outmanoeuvre his unparalleled perfect brain (even though they never actually had had sex yet)?

...or there never was such "Adam". That makes more sense to me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Image result for scientific american logo

Though an alluring idea, the "10 percent myth" is so wrong it is almost laughable, says neurologist Barry Gordon at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimor.

Ultimately, it's not that we use 10 percent of our brains, merely that we only understand about 10 percent of how it functions.

To Read More..

CLICK THE LINK BELOW:

Do People Only Use 10 Percent of Their Brains? - Scientific American

As Watchtower Does All the Thinking for JWs..

JW`s only have to use 10% of their brain,so they don`t Shit their Pants..

Although it doesn`t work for all of them..

*Uhhhhhh-Ohhhhhhhh!!*

Image result for watchtower stephen lett

• Saename

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit