They really look after their older ones

by 20yearfader 6 Replies latest social family

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

my aunt was a very attractive woman and it's hard sitting back and watching time rob her of her beauty and memories,but time has nothing on her so called Christian brothers and sisters.Her husband died about 10 years ago and she started dating an elder that claimed he always loved her since they were kids in the organization.He looks like that thing that was running around in the lord of the rings but what can you do?The courtship lasted 8 years, a couple of times I would stop by to see her and he would be over there in the late evenings with all lights in the house off,which I thought was odd but these people are in their early 60s and I haven't been to a hall in years so it was none of my concern.Even if I was still in I wouldn't have said anything anyway.

Growing up my aunt was always known in the family as being the air head.So it didn't surprise me when I learned that a couple of years ago the brother married another woman that was 10 years his junior,because you see even if you look like Gollum in the hall brothers still have their pick of the litter so to speak.I think that whatever was holding her together snapped at this point,she started wandering around the neighborhood at night showing up at meetings with her make-up all over her face and her clothes backwards or inside out,then she started forgetting things and babbling about things that made no sense,a couple of times I found her wandering and I would pick her up and get her something to eat cause she would forget to eat a lot of times.

Around this time pictures starting getting around the congregations with her looking a mess in her clothes and make-up.One of my other aunts stumbled upon the photos and she was one of the ones that alerted the rest of the family about her condition along with me (my word carries very little weight since I don't attend the hall) anyway we got her to a doctor and it was found that she has Alzheimer's and it was time to settle her affairs as such. Last week as I was moving out her furniture and other items since her house is going to be sold my cousin tells me that the bank employees that my aunt used knew her elder friend very well and that her always came with her to the bank to withdrawl money.They wouldn't tell her how much was withdrawn but they nodded their heads when she said was it thousands of dollars?

Hearing this I get pissed to the highest level of pisstivity if there is such a thing.I tell my mom since she is so buddy buddy with the guy and she goes ballistic he is a servant of Jehovah how dare you,there isn't any proof and innocent until proven guilty it was only until I told her that she better pray that I remain calm and not give into the anger that I feel and take a little trip to her congregation and pull him from the stage and beat the shit out of him that got her to shut up.only in a cult like this can you defend and she blamed her sister for the whole incident,my aunt was child like when he was making those trips with her to the bank cause at this point she doesn't even know who she is so he had to have seen the evidence of her condition long before we did.

I really hate this religion I've been gone for over 25 years and it still has a way of getting at you thanks for letting me vent

• Funchback
    Funchback
    It's good to vent. Glad you did your best to help your aunt. And, like Gollum, it seems that her ex's "precious" was her money.
  • flipper
    flipper

My jw inlaws put Flipper's mom in a really depressing nursing home. We call her often - she is very lonely there. Every so often she says "Well, I'm in jail." She still has her sharp sense of humor and converses well.

Every so often her memory slips or she mixes up her kid's names, when she has just woken up or is sad about things. Her husband the elder takes every chance to say how she's "getting worse", they all go on about her mental state.

After all, they need to justify how they shuffled their money around to cheat the welfare system, take her out of a nice nursing home and plunk her where she is now.

"Their" money, by the way, was her inheritance from her parents.

Mrs. Flipper

• brandnew
    brandnew

@20 yr.....im going through the same thing....except its all the elders at my dads front door wanting money. Elders almost got him for 5 acres of land....i fixed that. Elders had him pay for all the seating, and flooring in the hall....that was b4 i showed up 😡😡😡.

That shit is done with.....i let the elders know...bank of pops is closed to them.☺

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Yup! Gollum sounds like he took advantage of her and robbed her. It wouldn't be the first time. I've have seen this similar scenarios. Scum bag!!!
  • JRK
    JRK

Call the seniors advocate in your area. Raise a stink!

JK

• baker
    baker

There are laws in place just for this, SOMEONE taking a senior to the cleaners, so to speak. Call an attorney immediately to see what can be done. There are forensic accountants that can trace most all the money spent or stolen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit