2022-05-04-Adjustment to Amount of Time for Isolation from In-Person Meetings!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2022-05-04

Announcement:

Adjustment to Amount of Time for Isolation from-In-Person Meetings.

Atlantis!
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Another link.

2022-05-04

Announcement: Adjustment to Amount of Time for Isolation from-In-Person Meetings.

Click the image to Zoom in.

Atlantis!
  • zahoots
    zahoots

Big Thanks Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

zahoots:

Very welcome!

Atlantis!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I see a pattern. Whatever the government decides is copied 1 or 2 months later.

Some of us pimo are going to face a resumption of door work at a later date

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Strange how when they locked down it was touted as direction from God, except it was a month or more later than the government, CDC, and WHO had printed the exact same instructions.

Now they trot this out, and are still waayyy behind everyone else.

Remember years ago when WTB&T$ acted, now they only RE-act.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

road to nowhere:

FedUpJW:

Absolutely correct! Whatever the government says is usually the direction the Tower will go.

I have one letter written by N.H. Knorr who wrote to the Secretary Of State concerning his passport. Knorr was asking for favors and told the government official every move he was going to be making and his entire schedule. Where he was going, when he was going to leave, visits here and visits there.

It was as if Knorr was asking "Mother" if this and that would be ok.

If you want the letter just throw a sweet roll at me and I'll grab the letter for you. It's back there next to the Italian Salad Dressing!

Atlantis!

• blondie
    blondie

Have you ever wondered how the WTS got away with having segregated congregations , especially in states that passed and enforced Jim Crow laws. The WTS reasoned that those laws did not prevent them from "preaching the good news." Just have segregated congregations and let black jws talk to the black people, and white jws to the white people. Problem solved! As laws started changing in the mid-60s, the WTS started slowly changing. But since black people were restricted as to where they could buy a home or live, they were segregated defacto. So congregations still remained mostly black or white. Also, the WTS did not want to "offend" the white people. There were not even many black people at Bethel. Many reasons for that. Even when I was still going, the WTS sent black elders and families to mostly white congregations and vice versa trying to break the color barrier. They pissed off a lot of white jws doing that.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Blondie, I was in the first KH in Mississippi back in the 60's when it integrated! It made headlines all over the USA!

• blondie
    blondie

Dwain, how did happen? I take it there were not laws by then, not that the general community was on board. Do you have copy or link to that? I was only about 10 back then and did not read the newspaper or watch news on tv; no interest I guess. What were your feelings and experiences? If you want, just send me a pm. Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit