Gov body

by dogisgod 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I had a couple of young brothers at my door and one used the word "channel" in referring to how the GB gets inspired. I was pretty surprised at that. Is this something new? I've been "out" for a long time and I'm very out of the loop.

• sir82
    sir82

It's a pretty common phrase in JW-world - the GB is the "channel thru which Jehovah dispenses spiritual food".

Evidently the reception is often pretty poor, though. It seems to be especially bad whenever Jehovah talks about a "generation".

• Saename
    Saename

I don't think they use the word "channel" to refer to the Governing Body when going door-to-door. It seems to me that they are more likely to use it when they have a Bible study to "teach" someone what the Governing Body is, or when there is a private discussion between Jehovah's Witnesses who just "accidentally" "happen to" talk about how awesome the Governing Body is. Otherwise, I don't think they like to refer to the Governing Body as the "sole channel of communication between God and his people." They try really hard not to appear to others as if they had human leaders. (Have you heard a Witness justifying Russell's position in the early days of the organisation...? I have. They sound so miserable.)

• Linda
    Linda

"Governing Body" ???? and they are against governments altogether. SMH

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "Evidently the reception is often pretty poor, though..."

UHF? :smirk:

• sparky1
    sparky1

UHF? - Vidiot, More like WTF!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The WTB&TS has described themselves as "Jehovah's channel of communication" ever since Soupy Sales went off the air.

Long time. Long long time.

Before you was "in" and continuing after you was "out."

• geevee
    geevee

They don't claim to be "divinely inspired" if they were actually channeling God, it would be a different story too! The apostles may have channeled or been high on LSD, but this so call governing body don't do this. I remember that it all comes down to a popular vote, the "ayes" have it!! No channeling there!

Wish they did channel...Arcturians, Pleiadians, Orion Council.... anything but Annunaki jehovah...or enlil or.....

• geevee
    geevee

Another thought... 10 of us could read a Phantom comic. Then someone in the group could ask a question. Based on the information that we are given in the comic, we could then do our best to answer the question. If the majority of us agree on the given answer from the comic, then that must be the answer. Holy Spirit has now spoken...the channel!!

We could then claim to be the spokeman or channel on earth between God, the Phantom and the rest of mankind.

This could take on!!!!!

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit