Ex Witness and happy

by JH 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Strolling in a park tonight near a lake, I was sitting on a park bench looking at the beautiful lake, and then a brother, I knew years ago, passed right next to me and he stopped to talk to me. He was with his new girl friend. He seemed so happy and smiley. He quit the JW's about 5 years ago, went through a divorce and now his life is back on track. I can't recall seeing him so happy and smiley when he was a dub. It's nice to see ex dubs remake their lives for the best. Seeing his beard, I knew he wasn't back with the dubs. He looked so happy, just like a free man that came out of prison.

When you meet ex dubs, do you find that they look happier than when they were active JW's?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Good for you, JH...yes, all sorts of physical and emotional changes occur when ya deborganize yerself.....blood pressure goes down, smiles occur spontaneously....could have something to do with yer newfound ability to take time to smell the roses...

Frannie B <doin happy dance for ya>

• gumby
    gumby
    I can't recall seeing him so happy and smiley when he was a dub. It's nice to see ex dubs remake their lives for the best.

Dang! I wonder what that guys secret is? Anyway you can find out and share it with us poor miserable bastards

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

I remember when i left the jw faith, when my father and mother finally seen me there first response to me was ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU SMILE AGAIN. I was happy there was no more guilt or fear. In fact i was tooo happy, i was like

"screw" the borg.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Oh yes. The borg can suck the life out of anyone. There was a guy I grew up with. He always looked so sad and miserable. I can't remember a time when I saw him crack a smile. He DA'd himself and moved away to make a fresh start when he turned 18. I saw him 2 years ago and he looked so happy. He had lost all his family and friends but he made a new life and was enjoying every moment of it. He grew his hair out and drove a motorcycle. I wonder if his parents would have even reconized him. It sure was nice seeing him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit