comments and confusions on the law by the WT

by meadow77 3 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

I am goint to post the link to two articles I have been reading on the Watchtower sight. The first is about tithing and the second is about accepting blood. At first I was irritated by their condemnation of tithing in other churches, when we all know the truth of their money management and collection. Then I realized something else, how fast and loose they played with the law, if it commanded something that they do not hold as a belief. However, if it involves a doctrine that is central to their core beliefs than the law is concrete. For those of you who would like to read the articles and tell me what you think, here are the links.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2002/12/1/article_02.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/library/hb/index.htm

• Odrade
    Odrade

This doesn't exactly follow your question, but it did make me laugh...

Consider the following. In 1879 the editors of this magazine stated openly that they would "never beg nor petition men for support."

They don't ever say "please give us money" but anytime the hall "needs" remodelling, or new stuff is being built in NY, or convention time rolls around, you get that LOOOONG letter with all the financial issues, followed by a talk on generosity and Christian giving. Tell me again...how is that NOT begging? LOL!

• meadow77
    meadow77

That actually is one of the things I thought about reading the article on tithing as well. I think sometimes they try a little too hard to distinguish themselves from other religions. When are they gonna wake up and realize that they are leading the pack of snares and rackets.

• VM44
    VM44
    Consider the following. In 1879 the editors of this magazine stated openly that they would "never beg nor petition men for support."

Doesn't the Watchtower run an article once a year on "Organized" giving of money and valuables to the Organization?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit