Can someone help with an OPEN OFFICE question please?

by The Fall Guy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I've only recently started using this programme. It does exactly what I need, but one thing I don't like about it is this:

when I type out more than one page, it displays them on the screen as side by side - instead of sequentially below each other.

Can anyone tell me how to change the way the documents are displayed?

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

I don't have open office installed presently, but you could try

Click view

Then zoom

Then select either automatic or single page under view layout. You are probably set to columns at the moment.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

I use LibreOffice that a few years ago forked from OpenOffice.

On the bottom right hand corner you should have some little icons representing the view. Just click on the 1 page icon. That should do it.

If you cannot see the bar, activate it by going to VIEW - STATUS BAR to activate it. (It should have a check mark beside it, if it does not, just click it once)

Or read this: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87947

Vivalavida

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I too use LibreOffice. In its default configuration, that thick black vertical line can also be slid (left mouse button) left or right. Slide Left enlarges the page (zooms in) and Right (zooms out).

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You must have a large screen monitor. With your mouse you can drag the print features on the very right towards the center and it will block the second page from view.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks everyone - sorry for the delay in replying. Doing DIY in the garage.

You sussed me Vanderhoven7 - my monitor is 24".

Now I can read my docs from top to bottom instead of side to side. Thanks again.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ Vivalavida - thanks. Just tried your suggestion too. That works as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit