Will Trump Be Helpful In Gaining A More Cooperative Relationship With Russia And The USA? Is That A Bad Thing?

by Brokeback Watchtower 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm thinking if these nuclear powers work together for a common interest lots of progress will have been made. A total end of the cold war with Russia is a good thing for the world. Once you get the burden of war with each other off the table I think a lot of good can be accomplished in bumping heads in how solve common goals best.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes.

Do not be naive about Putin's objectives. He wants to decimate Western influence globally. He is an authoritarian dictator. America (for all its faults) is a stop-gap against his objectives. So far, we are holding the line, but we have a prez who is in the thrall of this Russian leader. Putin sees Trump as the proverbial "useful idiot" - someone who can be manipulated. How is this good for western interests?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Trump is no match for Putin..

Putin will play Trump..

He`ll let Trump think he`s in charge,of any agreements they make..

• Simon
    Simon

The history of Russian / West relations is often one of broken promises, often "ours".

It would be good to not be enemies with someone we really don't need to be enemies with.

There are far more deserving countries worthy of our animosity.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Trump is a business man and he didnt get where he is by being stupid ,OK he may be a bit uncouth at times but I dont think he will be a pushover either.

And of course he has his advisers who are more experienced in politics .

I think his main worry will not be Russia but China.

How he deals with China an emerging superpower in the not so distant future is what interests me.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's not a bad thing for Tillerson, when the U.S. lifts the sanctions from Russia then Exxon can go through with their 500 billion oil deal. It's win win for big oil.

By the way, the reason Trump can't release his taxes is because Putin hasn't sent him his W2 yet.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Never been so glad to be Canadian.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Will Trump Be Helpful In Gaining A More Cooperative Relationship With Russia And The USA? - yes, I think so.

Is That A Bad Thing? - no, not at all.

If Hillary had been president, there could have been very serious problems between the US and Russia. Vlad is a tough bastard who doesn't back down from anybody. He wouldn't have put up with Hillary's awful foreign policies.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

"By the way, the reason Trump can't release his taxes is because Putin hasn't sent him his W2 yet."

Haha! That's a good one, Wasanelder Once!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit