For loyal Dubs aspiration literally sucks

by oppostate 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

Free from the mind-f¥¢k of Wt indoctrination it is ever so clear that any aspiration one may have entertained was always judged to be bad or selfish, worldly and only those goals in accord with Wt teaching were approved and encouraged.

One example was having to look for a new job and being told by an elder that my change of employment was an opportunity to pioneer. When I shared with him that my first priority was to find work that would afford me to keep food on the table and pay the mortgage, he went on about Jesus not having a place to lay down his head and the Hebrew patriarch Abraham living in tents like a temporary resident in the promised land--This coming from a guy who lived in a $500,000 home and who thought himself as a contractor, subcontracting rather than hiring as employees, other brothers to work for him for very low pay, and enriching himself with the sweat of fellow dubs who had little education and who would often aux. pioneer so they seemed very theocratic and held up as exemplary by appointed exploiters like him.

Were you ever in a similar situation?

As a dub you cannot aspire to much other than cult approved hierarchical advancement, other than that every other aspiration is made up to be unadvisable!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This coming from a guy who lived in a $500,000 home and who thought himself as a contractor, subcontracting rather than hiring as employees, other brothers to work for him for very low pay, and enriching himself with the sweat of fellow dubs who had little education

Image result for Take my advice I'm not using it

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

I had a Jw mother tell me how her adult child that still lived at home, needed work. I offered to help her get employment at my job, which paid well. The Jw mother wanted the adult child to pioneer so she said it must be part time. Well my employer only had full time positions. The family is very poor financially. The position would have helped them quite a bit. But she refused.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OPPOSTATE:

I saw the hypocrisy of SOB's with a cushy life telling some poor soul that they should pursue poverty and pioneer. I wasn't buying it and made sure I held onto MY job.

I also have a theory that part of the reason the religion is against college/careers is because it wants desperate people to work for low wage jobs for brothers with businesses. The brothers probably give money to the religion, do favors for COs etc., get "praise" and then get poor chumps to work for them.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I also have a theory that part of the reason the religion is against college/careers is because it wants desperate people to work for low wage jobs for brothers with businesses. The brothers probably give money to the religion, do favors for COs etc., get "praise" and then get poor chumps to work for them.

Wow, LHG, I hadn't considered that angle, the donations by the rich ones in the congregation, in this context. But you're most definitely right.

There always seemed to be someone in the congregation who was into the subcontracting instead of hiring employees situation in all the congregations I've ever been with.

By subcontracting they avoid paying workman's comp and all sort of other taxes, soc-sec etc.

One CO's wife who was very chummy with the well to do in the congregations, going out for coffee with her little wealthy cliques, and who was fond of telling everyone about her dinners and night outs with her hubby and trips abroad, vacations thanks to so-and-so, said "Well, the Bible says that you will always have the poor among you..." in reference to why she spent so much time with the well to do and why there were economic clique divisions in the congregation. What a snooty, mean-hearted, and uncaring person she turned out to be during those three years!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OPPOSTATE:

Yeah, I think I'm pretty much right about that! Since the religion eats people up and spits them out, why would they care if some young gullible person ends up poor? The brothers you mention who "subcontract" instead of hiring are getting poor chumps to work for "chump change".

As far as the snooty CO's wife you mention living off the fat of the land - maybe her husband is one who will be let-go at some point.

I hope people like this get to see what it is like to work for a living before they DIE - like ALL the people they look down their noses at...I feel this way about ANY Witness who ever made remarks about hardworking people (not "spiritual").. That goes for pioneers and ex-bethelites as well. I'm sure many are eating their words now. They deserve the full complement of the punishment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit