Summary of 2019 report submitted by Jehovah`s Witnesses

by smiddy3 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

AUSTRALIA | Jehovah’s Witnesses annual reports to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse

Summary of 2019 report submitted by Jehovah's Witnesses

762 congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia

67,816 Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah’s Witnesses claim they "are fully compliant with each of the recommendations" of the CARC.

Every elder and ministerial servant has a Working With Children clearance in those states where this is legislated.

Recommendation 16.28: Regarding the involvement of women: "we confirm that women can be and are fully involved in receiving and submitting evidence of child sexual abuse and in providing support to a victim. It is the Scriptural responsibility of congregation elders to determine whether the alleged perpetrator should remain one of Jehovah’s Witnesses."

Recommendation 16.29: Regarding shunning: "we confirm that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not shun victims of child abuse but treat them with compassion, understanding and kindness."

Sorry if this has been submitted before .

And of course your comments are most welcome.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I am a little surprised nobody has made a comment on this thread unless of course it has already done the rounds previously . my apologies if this is the case

.Recommendation 16.29: Regarding shunning: "we confirm that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not shun victims of child abuse but treat them with compassion, understanding and kindness."

Surely that is a statement of twisting the "truth" of the matter using weasel words to give a wrong impression.

In other words their use of "Theocratic Warfare " in action.

Recommendation 16.28: Regarding the involvement of women: " apologise if they do in fact do this now because they certainly never would consider this when i was in over 25 years ago now.

we confirm that women can be and are fully involved in receiving and submitting evidence of child sexual abuse and in providing support to a victim.
    Isn`t that just another lie ?A manipulating of the truth/facts to give the appearance of complying with the recomendations ?

When in fact they are not ?

Please correct me if I am wrong. With evidence .

• Listener
    Listener
    It is the Scriptural responsibility of congregation elders to determine whether the alleged perpetrator should remain one of Jehovah’s Witnesses

They've written the report identifying the idea that this is the only reason their religion holds a JC. It's pretty pathetic when they don't acknowledge that they have any other responsibilities when they hear claims of child abuse

They know publicly acknowledge that child abuse is a crime and all they are concerned about is whether an abuser is allowed to remain a Jehovah's Witness or not.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“we confirm that women can be and are fully involved in receiving and submitting evidence of child sexual abuse and in providing support to a victim.“

Yes.. it is likely that a “sister” will receive evidence from the victim and submit that to the elders.. There may be cases where a trusted sister could be asked to help a traumatised young girl. But would she be involved in the consideration of the abuser or have any say in the outcome? That is strictly a male role and elder committee only.

They would not shun a child who was seen to be a victim of abuse, but all sorts of circumstances can apply later . There are bound to be cases where adult victims of past abuse feel aggrieved.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Same old BullShit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit