Sin and death - how does it make sense to ANY believer of ANY religion?

by BourneIdentity 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Since Adam and Eve’s fall, we are all sinners. It’s what we do, there is no way to change it, sinning is a daily part of life. There are major sins, but most of us commit minor ones everyday in words, thoughts or deeds. It would be likened to a human breathing oxygen and trying to survive underwater, it won’t work. We are made to believe we should feel bad for sinning, just like we would be made to feel guilty that we don’t have gills and can’t breathe underwater.

To any believers, you feel or know God is loving and merciful. Then why does he seek to murder something every chance he has? Prior to Christ’s sacrifice, if you messed up, he wanted you to pick your very best animal and murder it. Is that what a loving person would do? He essentially wants you to take an innocent victims life for your fuckup. Not only is God a blood thirsty killer, he’s made you into one now, and you feel it’s the right thing to do.

Why would a person pre-Christ, have to murder animals for a sin, when it’s their nature and they are going to do it? Is it due to Jehovah being blood thirsty and needing a reason for something to be killed?

Consider all the millions he’s murdered, Sodom and Gomorrah, Noah’s flood, the 185,000 in Assyria to list a few examples. Remember too, Jehovah is supposed to be “hands off” after Adam and Eve sinned to prove that man cannot rule on their own. Yet he still can’t help himself to be hands off, he is so blood thirsty and needs to kill, kill, kill!

I conclude with a very important question to ask yourself? If he is so loving, if he views life as so precious, why does he want to snuff out life any chance he gets? Before you answer because we are sinners, remember we have no control of that, we were born that way. Should we be punished for breathing air?

My rant is over. When one takes an honest look at humans and how forgiving they are of one another and loving, we have shown God how it needs to be done, but you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, he is hell bent on killing anyone he sees fit.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

So do you actually believe that God exists and you're grievance is that He's not as loving as is claimed, or do you reckon that a belief in God should be classified along with fairies & leprechauns?

• cofty
    cofty

Fairies & leprechauns.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is a powerful concept that requires a truly honest conversation with one's self. How does a believer of a certain practice reconcile that the god of the Old Testament "is love" when this same god regularly directly cause large scale loss of life (global flood, Sodom & Gomorrah, etc.) or orders his worshipers to carry out warfare against non-believers (Israelites vs Canaanites)? To even attempt to do so is a moral defeat.

"He's God. He gets to do what He wants." "Israelite warfare was alright because God ordered it."

I was raised as a Witness and told that God is not above his own laws. That is why He has allowed Satan's challenge to go on. This argument doesn't hold water. Either something is right or it's wrong. It cannot be right based on one's position or the circumstances.

The more research I do on the historical Israel and the history of the Christian Church the more I come to this conclusion -

There very well may be a god, but what is written in the book we call the Bible is simply man's creation.

• cofty
    cofty

Don't forget that the genocidal deity of the OT was the god and father of gentle Jesus meek and mild. You can't have one without the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit