Songs that have a JW meaning?

by GrownMidget 9 Replies latest jw friends

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget

Do you have any songs that you have listened and then thought that it also works from an apostate point of view?
    I have always liked this song, but one time realized that I was thinking how it sounds awfully familiar, if you think about those who have lost family/friends due to leaving.

This song was originally made/written because one of the actors died in a car accident. Movie was still being filmed and many spots he was needed were never finished with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Losing My Religion.
  • _Morpheus
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I remember back in the 90s watching the video to “You get what you give “ by the New Radicals and thinking how gay. Kids at a mall releasing pets from a pet store and throwing nets on people and what makes it worse is they totally think they are bad-ass when doing it.

Then I learned the band leader Gregg Alexander was raised as JW. Yeah to a JW that would seem totally bad ass.

It wasn’t till years later I that found “ Maybe you have been brainwashed too “ by the New Radicals in a pawn shop for a dollar. It was a really great disc. I started to research the New radicals and Gregg Alexander . It actually was on most critics best discs of the 90s lists.

Funny thing is he just stopped being famous all on his own. I asked around the fan boards if he was disfellowshipped, even baptised , shunned and all I would get “ what difference does it make blah blah blah. So stupid, no one understands. I guess he does work as a producer though.

I would love to know the whole story.

Anywho, you get what you give by the New Radicals is my JW song.

Also……..My darkest hour by Megadeth I always though was about getting disfellowed.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Rush Subdivisions

Growing up it all seems so one sided

Opinions are provided

The future pre-decided

Detached and subdivided

Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone

Conform or be cast out.......

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

The Grudge - TOOL

If I Were - Nothing More

Terrible Lie - NIN

Dead Inside - Muse

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Weird Al Yankovic's Amish Paradise

We been wasting most our lives

living in an Amish paradise.

but you prob'ly think it bites

living in an Amish paradise.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Unforgiven, by Metallica is about DF'ing.

"New blood joins this earth, and quickly its subdued, thru constant pained disgrace, the young boy learns their rules"

• ihunt
    ihunt

Lauryn Hill - Mystery of Iniquity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wc3WYkqH2E

• bemused
    bemused
    My Generation by The Who is pretty clear that a generation covers only people born in a short period of time (and certainly doesn't overlap). Furthermore the song contains the line 'Why don't you all fade away?', which is an excellent question for JWs to consider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit