The craziness of Christianity

by Normalfulla 9 Replies latest social current

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

So I was reading thru a FB feed about poor chester bennington and in relation chris cornell, there were some rather heated and unusual (or usual whatever you may think ) comments... no disrespect to believers but since leaving the jws I just see this type of discussion as lunacy. ..

"Chester is going to hell ,he killed himself so it's black and white in God's word .".

"Why would a loving god send a person who suffers from mental illness to hell? No he's with God in his grace now .".

"No he's definitely going to hell "

One lady comments

My Aunt died and was bought back by paramedics and when she died she said she saw her husband who had killed himself sitting across from jesus so you can trust me that chester is in heaven

There was heaps more of this type of speculation in which I pitied the people engaging in the debate as there was no actual answer that can be proven and all it was doing was upsetting people and exposing the beliefs as absolutely ridiculous

I currently feel sorry for the humans trapped within the god delusion

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Such good Christians going on Facebook and posting unsolicited, mean spirited comments like that. No thought about the person's loved ones who may read them. That's true "love thy neighbour" stuff right there. Whatever happened to not being judges so that you may not be judged?

In all honesty has anyone ever been to a funeral service where the celebrant/priest has said that the deceased is now in hell? Everyone is either in heaven or in gods memory when you listen to the service.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

One lady comments

My Aunt died and was bought back by paramedics and when she died she said she saw her husband who had killed himself sitting across from jesus so you can trust me that chester is in heaven

It's stuff like this which annoys me. If paramedics brought her back, then she wasn't dead. If there's still brain activity you're still alive. Once that goes. You're gone. The brain only has to be starved of oxygen before you're looking at irrecoverable brain damage even if they do resuscitate you. What this woman had was a dream/hallucination.

Second point. Even if medical science is wrong and she was actually dead, how does she know the guy opposite her husband was Jesus? It could've been Muhammad, Thor, Baphomet or some other undiscovered deity.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Amen Emperor !, could have been any guy that fit the description, albeit most likely with a beard , of course had nothing to do with her subconscious and what she wanted to believe or her hallucinating oxygen starved brain

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

w75 7/15 p. 447 Questions From Readers - What viewpoint does God’s Word indicate that Christians should have toward suicide?

"One who intentionally takes his own life, does so in utter disregard for the sacredness of life; he becomes bloodguilty. When one commits suicide while in possession of one’s mental faculties, this shows one to be void of morality, lacking faith, having no fear of God. It is a cowardly act, where one refuses to face up to the problems and responsibilities of life."

Spot on WTBTS, the three individuals I've known who committed suicide were in total possession of all their mental faculties and had absolutely no justification for committing self-murder as you describe it.

What a loving and compassionate organization you are - clearly, God IS directing you.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Second point. Even if medical science is wrong and she was actually dead, how does she know the guy opposite her husband was Jesus? It could've been Muhammad, Thor, Baphomet or some other undiscovered deity.

Because her mind would have shown Jesus looking exactly like how she has been conditioned to think Jesus looks. A Muslim would see Muhammed, a Buddhist would see a typical image of Buddha and so on.

The mind is an incredible echo chamber of confirmation bias.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's just people that hide behind their chosen delusion to unload their personal vitriol. Nothing 'christian' in their content. cowards that use a book to give them authority by claiming that god was the author.

This is the thing that hacks me right off good and proper; the way people argue their views where there should be NO argument. especially if an all powerful god wrote an inerrant book that is the basis of their belief.

paley - I bet it was Thor. Please let it be Thor!!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There's load of people on YouTube who are converts to Born Again Christianity. They have stories of dying and going to hell and seeing Hitler there etc. Then they get sent back up to earth for another chance.

Even if that was true, wouldn't that just mean you're worshiping God because if you dont he'll hurt you? That's not a nice relationship to be in. And of course, they see Hitler in his state of when he was in his "prime". Not the riddled old man he was before he killed himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBovyyC6Vg

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Don't these people realize that they are reinforcing the idea of an unloving God?

• sir82
    sir82

how does she know the guy opposite her husband was Jesus?

Coulda been the Manischewitz he was nursing....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit