Satan was abyssed circa 1914.................

by The Fall Guy 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

..............according to WTBTS dogma.

A Catholic friend recently drew my attention to this particular topic.

w07 1/1 pp. 27-28 pars. 10-11 “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way! - "Can we say more precisely when the first resurrection begins?........That would indicate that the first resurrection began sometime between 1914 and 1935."

That'll be the resurrection described at Revelation 20:4-6. The previous 3 verses describe an event which occurs prior:

(Revelation 20:1-3) "And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years. And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended."

The current "faithful slave" members were certainly inspired on this one!

• Listener
    Listener

Although it still doesn't reconcile with the scriptures you have quoted, it appears that there may be 'new light' on the timing of the resurrection of the anointed in the December, 2017 Watchtower, or at worst, a retraction from the sometime between the years 1914 and 1935.

“Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.” Paul went on to indicate that there would be others rraised to heavenly life, adding: “Each one in his own proper order:Chris the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.”—1Cor.15:20,23. 16 That gives us a general indication of the timing of the heavenly resurrection. It would occur “during his presence.” Jehovah’s Witnesses have long established Scripturally that since 1914 we have been living during Jesus ’promised “presence.”It is still continuing,and the end of this wicked system of things is now very near. .... The first resurrection would take place sometime after “the presence”of Christ began. Anointed ones who are alive during the great tribulation will be “caught away in clouds.” (Matt. 24:31

According to this, the timing of the dead anointed is now anytime from 1914 and before the living anointed get taken up during the GT.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks Listener. The org is more slippery than a snake which is covered in grease and then sprayed with WD40!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has had a history right back to its very beginning of lying and twisting doctrines (Bullshitting) to aid and attract attention to its published literature,.

Their designated public sales representatives are known as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "The WTS has had a history right back to its very beginning of lying and twisting doctrines..."

Like I keep saying, they know it's wrong, but believe it's "true"... at the same time.

How do they do this?

One of the core aspects of "magical thinking" is the idea that if you "believe" (i.e. lie to yourself) hard enough, it'll become real (true)...

...and people who successfully lie to themselves make the very best liars.

Of course, if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs (keep lying to yourself and others in the hopes that it'll eventually become true), do those beliefs really deserve to be defended?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Totally agree Vidoit, but the real egregious aspect to all of this is that the WTS and its head leaders created their own subsequent power and control , the end result is the destruction of millions of families, the death of thousands for refusing certain medical attention, ruined and wasted many lives by people who sought to propagate the WTS lies and delusions in the assumption they would get rewarded for doing so.

The Motto being, play are game or fuck off.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Face it, they are playing jacks without a ball. Aint nothin here folks. If you want to read and reconcile craziness, I guess that's fun to do, but why not take a walk or a nap or do something positive? Contradictions you will find without effort from these criminals. Either way you guys are great at highlighting their hypocrisy and I guess that's the point. My bad.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Helping people awaken from this craziness is virtuous and may actually save a life or two .

One might describe these efforts as acts of humanitarianism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit