Just missed an opportunity to see Richard Dawkins speak at a small venue.

by cappytan 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Richard Dawkins had two speaking engagements at the local Unitarian Universalist Church last week.

Only just heard about it today!

Guess I should have been more conscious of my spiritual need and I wouldn't have missed it. 😜

• Simon
    Simon

I always find out about things I would have liked to attend by the post-performance reports.

Doh !

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    That would be cool to go and hear him speak but I'm surprised a church let him in
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    That would be cool to go and hear him speak but I'm surprised a church let him in

Unitarian Universalists are odd that way. You can be a Buddhist, atheist or theist.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I wonder he was speaking about the importance of aborting down's syndrome children. In this day and age there is no excuse for one of those to be born.

I find Richard Dawkins to be the Joel Osteen of the science community. He is all fluff and opinion to sell books to suckers so they can feel morally superior to the average joe. Basically the same hook the jws use.

• cappytan
    cappytan

*sigh*

What's that fallacy called again? Oh that's right. Ad hominem.

That's when you attack someone's character to distract from the problem that you don't have evidence to back up your position on the facts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit