Blogger advocates research but still duped by JW(Org)

by the girl next door 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/02/the_truth_about_the_pope_jehov.html

LITTLE OLD LADY: "Oh. Well, that's all right, I guess. I'm Baptist. At least we all believe in Jesus. Not like Jehovah's Witnesses." (Here she lowered her voice.) "They're not even Christians, you know. They're a cult."

In this day and age, there's just about no excuse for ignorance on such an important topic.

ME: "I have a friend who's a Jehovah's Witness. He says they are Christian. Maybe it's more a matter of them not believing in the doctrine of the Trinity rather than them not believing in Jesus."

The little old lady was having none of my explanation, however. She repeated her claim that "they're a cult," then proceeded to order her meat loaf and macaroni and cheese. There would be no actual exploration of Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs, much less a philosophical discussion of who and what define "Christianity." The conversation was over.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton
    I can hear my grandma saying to me now. See I told you so just like this old grandma.
    Grandma is seldom wrong. Damn hindsight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit