Music Video: Would Jesus Wear a Rolex on JW Broadcasting? - PARODY

by cappytan 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    That was awesome ! :thumbsup:
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Hmmm. Considering just months ago they were all gung-ho about imitating Jesus Conventions, Jesus was dirt poor. This was Awesome. Thanks.!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It doesn't take much effort to find and mock flaws.

It takes greater effort and caring to point out the strengths....Makemeanunbeliever

...........Image result for Watchtower logo

.................Image result for Turd polish

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Makemeanunbeliever: It doesn't take much effort to find and mock flaws. It takes greater effort and caring to point out the strengths.

Exactly what strengths was Watchtower pointing to when it wrote this...

The Watchtower, August 15, 1994: "In stark contrast, news reports have time and again revealed many of the clergy in some lands to be pedophiles, immoral swindlers, and frauds. Their works of the flesh and their extravagant life-styles are manifest for all to see. One popular songwriter expressed it well in his song entitled "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex [a very expensive gold watch] on His Television Show?"

Does it matter if the GB members wear real Rolexes or not? Watchtower has constantly reminded JWs that they should never imitate the world. The pinky rings, gold watches and other gold jewelry that is being flashed are clearly in imitation of the very thing Watchtower is condemning in the song that is referred to in the above quote.

If you are going to badmouth someone for a certain behavior, you should distance yourself from that same behavior, not imitate it. Whether the jewelry is real or fake is beside the point.

• freddo
    freddo
    Wonderful!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

** Watchtower has constantly reminded JWs that they should never imitate the world.**

I know.. And look these big guys on the broadcast wear..

• talesin
    talesin
    That guy was getting me wound up. It was really hard not to lay into him and go into attack mode.

Me, too. How annoying was that, on a scale of 1-10? : P

I tried to write up a reply, but having brain freeze these days - I couldn't think of one good enough. But along the lines of WTS being legalistic, which is exactly how he was acting. Not seeing the "rafter" in his own eye (as the JWS love to say). lol OUTLAW!

What a maroon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Well done.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The Aug. 1994 WT has been quoted a few times. Thought you'd like to see the Feb 1, 1990 WT quote (pg. 25 par. 19). The article is entitled, Exposing the "Man of Lawlessness". Oh, the irony!

The worldliness of some clergy has even been exposed in the media in recent times, as for example the licentious and luxurious life-styles of some TV clergymen. One modern songwriter composed a song with the title: “Would Jesus Wear a [$10,000] Rolex [watch] on His Television Show?” The song goes on to say: “Would Jesus be political if He came back to earth, have His second home in [luxurious] Palm Springs and try to hide His worth?” In addition, more and more clergymen condone or practice homosexuality. Even now the Catholic Church in the United States is paying millions of dollars in damages to compensate for priests guilty of sexual abuse of children.—Romans 1:24-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

More videos like this are needed Cappytan , well done I hope their are more on the way .

It`s this type of visual expose that makes the most impression on the viewer .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit