Music Video: Would Jesus Wear a Rolex on JW Broadcasting? - PARODY

by cappytan 86 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Loved it Cappy!
  • juandefiero
    juandefiero

Interesting quote in the video description:

The Watchtower, August 15, 1994: "In stark contrast, news reports have time and again revealed many of the clergy in some lands to be pedophiles, immoral swindlers, and frauds. Their works of the flesh and their extravagant life-styles are manifest for all to see. One popular songwriter expressed it well in his song entitled 'Would Jesus Wear a Rolex [a very expensive gold watch] on His Television Show?'"
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Thanks for the awesome comments everyone. This was fun to make. I forgot to include one element, but was too tired to do the Rotoscoping work involved...I was gonna have multiple synchronized dancing Stephen Letts busting a move to the music.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow! That was AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much Cappytan!!

I'd like to make a special point out to Juandefiero above, who posted this incredible article from the JW's in 1994:

The Watchtower, August 15, 1994: "In stark contrast, news reports have time and again revealed many of the clergy in some lands to be pedophiles, immoral swindlers, and frauds. Their works of the flesh and their extravagant life-styles are manifest for all to see. One popular songwriter expressed it well in his song entitled 'Would Jesus Wear a Rolex [a very expensive gold watch] on His Television Show?'"
  • under the radar
    under the radar
    Outstanding, mon cappytan!!! Excellent work, Sir! I will be forwarding links to everyone I know who might benefit from this fine spiritual food, provided at the proper time indeed.
  • pandorasbox1914
    pandorasbox1914

Hi cappytan,

Man that was awesome, really great job.

Any more in the pipeline?

• under the radar
    under the radar

Just in case anyone claims that Watchtower quote is fake, here is a scan of the original in context. It's from the Watchtower, August 15, 1994 issue, page 11. Many thanks to fastJehu and others who previously posted the link to http://avoidjw.org/watchtower-awake-magazines/. I plan to download everything I can from there and save it for future reference, just in case the owner is forced to take it down, like what happened to the original Quotes site.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Sorry, folks. In my comment preview, the page I pasted in appears, but when the comment is actually posted it disappears. I'll keep working on it. If anybody wants it right away, PM me and I'll email you a PDF of that page.

Meanwhile, here is a dropbox link. Maybe it will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eal0kyg50fu6aat/Watchtower%201994%2008%20Aug%20pg%2011.pdf?dl=0

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Very well done Cappytan a brilliant and very funny video. It looked and sounded like a labor of love.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Pandorasbox1914: I've got a few others I'm working on of a more serious & doctrinal nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit