[Generic evolution vs. creation thread]

by sir82 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

To save us all a lot of time and effort....

[Some complex structure in living organisms described]

[I can't imagine how this could be the product of evolution]

[Therefore God created it]

Rebuttal?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

[You just don't want to believe in god because you are selfish. You know he exists really]

• Magnum
    Magnum

No rebuttal, but wanted to mention that the scenario you just presented reminds me exactly of my mother.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity

• A Ha
    A Ha

I couldn't imagine how an electron could sometimes behave like a particle and sometimes behave like a wave. Then I read a book (well, a number of books) written by scientists writing in their field, summarizing the results of thousands of experiments.

(And now I'm more confused than ever, but that's just Quantum Mechanics--if Quantum Mechanics makes sense to you, then you don't understand it.)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Human chromosome number 2 shows an obvious mutation, your rebuttal .

• sir82
    sir82

Human chromosome number 2 shows an obvious mutation, your rebuttal .

[Mutations are always bad]

[And even if they aren't, a chromosomal mutation doesn't cause monkeys to turn into humans]

[And if humans came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?]

• Simon
    Simon

You missed [random vague scripture about something totally unrelated] therefore [god that my parents indoctrinated me to believe is real]

And the classic:

"You didn't just accept my baseless beliefs as factually true therefore I'm being harassed / hated / persecuted" etc...

• cofty
    cofty

{Insert name of NASA engineer/veterinary/gynecologist/dentist} PhD doesn't accept evolution. So there!

{Insert multiple names of 18th & 19th century scientists} believed in god. So there!

• A Ha
    A Ha

And let's not forget, "Darwin admitted in his own book, Origin of Specialties, 'I do not accept evolution.'"

[Actual quote "I do not see how, once we've examined all the evidence, one could do anything but accept evolution."]

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

[I can't imagine how this could be the product of evolution]

Similarly:

[Even though I am not an astrophysicist or even have a master's degree, I read that stars and planets
    were formed by dust and gas and I just cannot believe that. ]

Really, anything can go into the
    [I can't imagine] category for believers.
    I'm not a doctor, I'm not a biologist, I'm not a chemist, I'm not an engineer, BUT MY LIMITED MIND .......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit