Brave Louise Palmer, 38, suffered in silence for decades as her strict Jehovah’s Witness parents protected her abuser.

by GodZoo 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    A woman who was raped by her brother as a child has won justice but paid the heavy price of being disowned by her Jehovah's Witness parents.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/victim-says-can-never-forgive-6612185
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Jeezus, after reading the bit about how her parents disowned her, I half-expected the writer to cap it off with something like: "...one can't help but wonder if she isn't better off, now.''
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Absolutely sick that a brother would rape his young sister, but it unfortunately happens - among JWs and nonJWs.

I'm glad this woman has got some justice. Hopefully her brother will be jailed the full 14 years.

But, two further sickening things that probably wouldn't occur among nonJWs: her parents supported her brother over her (WTF?!) and she was told by trusted individuals (the elders) not to go for professional counseling.

Her parents and the elders should be bloody ashamed of themselves.

I have nothing further to add - I can't read too many cases like this, otherwise I might just get the urge to walk in front of a bus ...

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    but it unfortunately happens - among JWs and nonJWs.

It amazes me when people make almost excusing statements like that saying that JW's are just the same as everyone else and that it's basically normal that these abhorrent things happen among them too.

Well actually it's not normal at all.. because 'normal' people are just that.. 'normal'. But JW's claim to be God's chosen select people, they claim to live by the very highest strict moral code, they claim to be led by the Holy Spirit and that they dwell in a spiritual paradise of a worldwide loving brotherhood where children can live protected in safety and security. The average 'non-JW' make none of these claims.

They are always blowing their trumpet saying that they are the only good people on earth.. the only true honest people on earth, the only ones who do not go to or support war etc, the only ones educated in God's loving righteous ways.. God's Holy, separate and special people'.

But when it becomes apparent as the Australian Royal Commision has made glaringly clear they are just as sick, perverse, twisted, hypocritical and corrupt as the those they constantly condemn they fall back on: 'Oh but these things happen in other religions and groups too".

I think we can safely say that most here in this forum know that to be an utter load of bollox.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Of course the JW spokesman says that the brother wasn't a JW. Like that makes it all better.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

GodZoo - "...they fall back on: 'Oh but these things happen in other religions and groups too'...''

To which the best response (IMO) is, "Okay, if JWs are really no different from other religions, where's the incentive to join or stay?"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It amazes me when people make almost excusing statements - er, I wasn't doing any excusing whatsoever.

like that saying that JW's are just the same as everyone else and that it's basically normal that these abhorrent things happen among them too - er, I didn't say it was normal either - instead I called it 'absolutely sick'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit