Beliefs and life after disfellowshipped

by AlexPancho 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlexPancho
    AlexPancho

It is normal for a person to review their beliefs, especially after such a traumatic event as disfellowshipped.
    I think that many here do not believe that God is leading Jehovah's Witnesses.

Someone does not believe in God at all.
    I think it is good when we can be free in our views, no matter how much they are, without the pressure from any Organization that teaches us to "true" believe.

So, now I read many books on the history of the Bible text and found that there is no foundation to be sure that at least one true words after 500-year history of rewriting has reached us. If you wont find more info about this - googled
    Bart Ehrman book or Nestle-Alland New Testament, where every words have many variant.
    for start read this

I read grat biological works, as Dawkins "Great Show on the Earth" and other (into Russian lang) and i do not have any reason believe into Creation.

But, I still belive ino any abstract god-like force, without any "book based" reason.

What do you believe in today? Why?
    Please do not condemn each other's faith - we have gone through a rather difficult path.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe that I wasted 40-50 years of my life believing fictional nonsense and having a false hope. I now believe my time left here (or anywhere for that matter) is limited -- I don't even buy green bananas -- and I try to make the best out of what is left.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Hola Alex,

I sure as hell don't believe in the homicidal, jealous, hatefull, innocent killing god called jehovah in the fiction book the bible. When you look at it from a non-religious view you come to the conclusion that that god is big time nuts!

Religions are just another way to keep people busy and make maniacs out of them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

First off Welcome to the Forum Alex!

When it comes to beliefs I think one is most influenced by one's family and/or community. As children we simply went along with our families beliefs.

Unfortunately if it's a high control religion it can be difficult to shake. As we would have been hard wired to believe in it's ever changing nonsense.

In my case I found out latter in life that I was a secular humanist.

Secular humanists typically describe themselves as nonreligious. They hail from widely divergent philosophical and religious backgrounds.

Secular humanism is a philosophy or life stance that embraces human reason, ethics, social justice, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, pseudoscience and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making.

On this forum, as in my everyday life, I never get into discussions about religious beliefs. Just as I don't engage in discussions about comic book super hero's. Though Wonder Women was certainly appealing.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

While I was not disfellowshipped (at least as far as I know), I have developed post-JW beliefs.

I have NO interest in religion. Absolutely NONE! I am not interested in any discussions or debates. I see the cart witnesses almost daily, but I no interest in engaging these people. I consider this a total waste of time.

Does that mean that I am an atheist? Perhaps, but I am totally turned off with the elitism of atheists. Those people scare me.

So, what do I focus on? My family, my career, good food, and good wine. I have carved out a very good post-JW life. My goal is to extend this as long as possible.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i quit being a dub --when i was 23--because i did not believe in god..armageddon--new world--resurrection----all a con. so i was gone !

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Pimo here, so not DFd but definitely post-JW in mind and heart.

While walking up, I thought that JW was just another satanic false religion but that the bible was still what I was taught.

Then I woke up more, to the inconsistencies in the bible, though I think there are some good points there, but nothing you couldn't think of yourself if you just tried for 5 minutes to figure out how nor to be a jerk to people.

Now, I would say that a non-materialist maya / simulation / matrix based reality is most likely, based on my own experience and experiments. Hopefully soon Tom Campbells' experiments will show this on a deeper and more objective level.

While this view doesn't specifically exclude or include a deity as creator of our reality as we experience it here, I don't find deities to be necessary or functional.

I theorize that if the simulation idea is correct, certain groups of people have known for a very long time and are in fact tasked with keeping the masses so distracted (religion, endless media, violence, wars, just making a living etc) that they barely have time to focus on personal growth and on truth seeking. Why? Because when a billion (or 7) people wake up in a way similar to Jim Carey, the whole thing gets dangerous for everyone (I love Jim but I think his loss of a sense of purpose has left him feeling lost, now multiply that by a few billion)

The ones tasked with keeping everyone in line and distracted would be handsomely rewarded of course, living the good life.. money, power etc.. otherwise what would be the personal impetus to cooperate.

The ones in the know would be few and at the top, even if their minions may also be monied and powerful, they need not know but if the core purpose is ever forgotten (not passed down from generation to generation) then we should likely see the top powers fade away, getting less oppressive and more inclusive over time.

You are free to dismiss this as musings of a red pill-er though.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...Beliefs and life after disfellowshipped..."

Sky's the limit, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit