Last week's WT - a convoluted trip back to Earth

by neat blue dog 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Last weekend's WT study (Nov. 18) had 3 count em THREE Biblical references to the Christian hope of heavenly resurrection that had to be twisted into talking about Earth to fit their doctrine.

1:

In what sense do the mild-tempered “inherit the earth”? Jesus’ spirit-anointed disciples inherit the earth when they rule over it as kings and priests. (Rev. 20:6) Millions of others who do not have the heavenly calling, however, will inherit the earth in the sense that they will be allowed to live here forever in perfection, peace, and happiness.

2:

“Happy are those who wash their robes.” (Rev. 22:14) In what sense do they “wash their robes”? Anointed Christians “wash their robes” in that they are clean in Jehovah’s eyes and will be granted immortal life and enjoy endless happiness in their heavenly position. The great crowd who hope to live on earth can also enjoy a righteous standing as friends of God. They are even now ‘washing their robes and making them white in the blood of the Lamb.’​—Rev. 7:9, 13, 14.

3:

How, though, do the pure in heart “see God” when, in fact, “no man can see [God] and live”? (Ex. 33:20) The Greek word rendered “see” can carry the sense of “to see with the mind, to perceive, know.”
    Of course, resurrected anointed ones will in a literal sense see Jehovah when they receive their heavenly reward.​
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jws reject the Trinity doctrine first and foremost is because the word Trinity is not in the bible. Yet paradise earth can no where be found. And no where did Jesus or the apostles ever talk about it. Yet they say it's the main hope from the bible.

• menrov
    menrov

Headaches...pure nonsense...pfff

• steve2
    steve2

Those who live on paradise earth will be "allowed" to live here. Thank you very much JW organization for allowing people to live on earth.

• why144000
    why144000

I always understood that if I inherit something I take possession and ownership of it. Looks like even though I inherit something I am only 'allowed' to have it as it could be taken off me at any time. WTF?

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

My JW conversation with an old preacher down in a holler in Western NC not too long ago:

ME: Show me the word Trinity in your Bible and I'll be down front and center at your church come Sunday.

HIM: Show me the word Bible in your Bible and I'll be down front and center at you Kingdom Hall come Sunday

Pure narcissistic twisted JW reasoning on my part. JW logic is usually shut down via the easiest of methods.

• waton
    waton
    The great crowd who hope to live on earth can also enjoy a righteous standing as friends of God. They are even now ‘washing their robes and making them white in the blood of the Lamb.’​—Rev. 7:9, 13, 14. nbd:

There is now Great Crowd now. The OS of the GC come out of the Great Tribulation, which has not started yet, (formerly started in 1914).

So wait for the great wash after Armageddon, when all tears will be stilled.

A mixed up story that wt is stuck with. and wt arrogant dreams of grandeur, allowing people to live on the Earth.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Oh yes they will inherit the earth about a 6 foot long 6 foot deep patch.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Watchtower magazine studies are ramblings from dead men.

Those NY maggots will pay for all they've done.

And no, there won't be any last hour repentance as they've had enough time to repent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit