Peer presure to use Ipad

by Gorbatchov 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm guessing that JWs are showing off their new tech gadgets like they show off their clothing .

Its all a pretentious show of righteous vigor.

I heard Jehovah has stock in both Apple and Microsoft now .

• Alive!
    Alive!

I've visited a local church - just as an observer......songs are shown on a huge screen up on the stage. Easy.

Each pew has bibles placed ..... No iPads, ever.

No dressing up, no 'witness bags' or 'meeting bags', no special leather bible covers wth special inserts for the reasoning book or whatever .... No special anything.

Just people who can turn up as they are and worship as they feel moved (the point is....its SIMPLE)

No one under pressure to look like a corporate branded 'christian'.

I can think of many JWs over 60 yrs who would feel so 'left behind' .......

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

well I never go back because I don't have a business suit and a tie. don't have a 4 door car. I have to wear white socks. Don't own a book bag. I guess my shoes are ok until someone complains there not shiny.

Can't stand the gossip. The meetings were so boring the high light was going to the bathroom.

And now the ipad thing. I never liked Apple products. Id never buy one.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Both of my parents have ipads. My father loves it as he's always been the type of person who wants to the have the latest, greatest toy, even if he doesn't need it or know how to use it.

My mother is completely lost. She was never able to learn how to operate a VCR and that's back when she was in her 30s. Now that she's in her mid-60s, she's not going to be able to learn how to navigate an ipad.

It's pretty stupid. I personally have no use for a tablet. I've purchased one before but didn't find any use for it. The WT is obviously weaning the flock off of printed materials as that's a money drain now.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Having the Dubs buy these new electronic devices is just another one of their high-control methods. To have the rank and file glued to the rhetoric from the Borg at all times.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    And of course the slot for recording video showings in field serve us on the monthly lie sheet will definitely indicate who is "spiritual".
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    My mom (in her 80s) was feeling left out and confused, so I bought her a tablet. Made her feel better, she really can't use it without help but at least she doesn't feel left behind. I loaded it with several games she can play (if I get her started) and she loves that, and watching Netflix. (I am a bad influence, of course.). Doesn't seem to care at all about BorgTV.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    A lot of JW's, no longer how long they've been in the Borg, are doing all they can to buy up these new electronic toys. They're just like kids on Xmas morning. They want to adapt, morph along with the Borg at all costs.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yep, the WT is separating the haves from the have nots. The borg has no shame.

Not one other Church I have seen or been to pushes electronics like this borg does.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    the bottom line is will it save the borg money ? if it will tough cheese to anybody else

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit