Evil Bible

by Simon 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Perry - The bible advocates slavery. That is all somebody needs to know to reject it as the work of an intelligent, let alone loving, deity.

I am not talking about one Israelite in servitude to another. I am talking about owning another non-Jewish human as an inheritable possession.

As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. - Lev.25

If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone - Ex.21

If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property. - Ex.21

• Simon
    Simon
    We will not only reap what we sow, but we will daily eat of that which we have previously sown.

Wow, WTS will be harvesting and eating crap for a long long time then!

I guess the psycho called god can feast on his hateful bile for sometime too - he wrote all that BS apparently.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The truth of the bible, for me, is that it's a record of a people who invented a belief system that allowed.... even encouraged the use of horrendous acts to grab land and build and protect their preferred traditions and culture.

There is nothing remarkable about that. This is what every culture has done...........justify one's crimes and horrors by saying that god told me to do this. Be it a Jewish god, Egyptian gods, Mayan gods, the Greek gods or Viking gods. Region is just an excuse vehicle to do nasty things to other people.

Christianity was built on the shoulders of the Jewish tradition......... Jesus was born and died Jewish. His message was eventually modified, made less Jewish, until it could be shared by non Jews and spread throughout the Roman trade routes.

The sins of the bible are many. The NT warned of even greater destruction............ those that find comfort in the NT must turn a blind eye towards the coming horrors. And it doesn't end with Armageddon there will be another testing a 1,000 years later and who knows after that?

Religion is sanctified insanity.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible is stated reference on how one ancient civilization sociologically behaved and how they expressed their beliefs concerning their particular singular god.

From out of those beliefs and teachings came a better god, one who was more humanistic and sympathetic as well offered social directions that were more appealing to the conditions of the human experience.

He was the prophesied Messiah .

Certainly this god was seen to be much better for a governing perspective to what the Roman civilization had previously and that's most likely why the Roman leaders embraced this god within its socialized society..

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry: I have never researched any accusation made against the bible and found it to hold water.

And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Exodus 20:1-17 NIV

COMPARE TO:

34 The Lord said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2 Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain. 3 No one is to come with you or be seen anywhere on the mountain; not even the flocks and herds may graze in front of the mountain.”

4 So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the Lord had commanded him; and he carried the two stone tablets in his hands. 5 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”

8 Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped. 9 “Lord,” he said, “if I have found favor in your eyes, then let the Lord go with us. Although this is a stiff-necked people, forgive our wickedness and our sin, and take us as your inheritance.”

10 Then the Lord said: “I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the Lord, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles.[a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 “Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 “Do not make any idols.

18 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 “The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

“No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 “Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.[b] 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the Lord your God.

25 “Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

26 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.

“Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

Exodus 34:1-26 NIV

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry Perry, I deleted your drivel. It was pure nonsense.

Please post comments that make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit