Letter # 5 to the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Hi everyone, here is my latest letter. Does anyone know if there is a new correspondence address at Warwick yet. If so can you let me know. For the time being I will continue to send my letters to Patterson as these will more than likely be redirected if they have moved yet.

The Governing Body

Service department of Jehovah’s Witnesses

2821 Route 22

Patterson

New York

23/07/2016

Dear Brothers,

In this letter, I would like to give you some positive AND constructive feedback regarding this years convention entitled – ‘REMAIN LOYAL TO JEHOVAH’. I have to say I really enjoyed much of the convention, particularly some of the video dramas, which I found really faith strengthening. I thought the dramas were very slick, stylish and professionally made. I particularly enjoyed the Drama – “Hope for What We Do Not See”. That video really moved me. Judging by the people around me, it also moved many others too. I loved the graphics, particularly the scene where the ambulance was travelling along that incredible scenic mountain road in Peru. The scenes flowed seamlessly which made the drama all the more effective.

I also enjoyed the clip from last year’s convention showing the resurrection of Lazarus. Seeing Jesus moved to tears brought a tear to my eye. I was so glad you showed that clip again, as it really strengthens the friends’ faith by reminding us that we have such a caring King; our glorious king whom God has appointed to resurrect the dead throughout the earth. I also enjoyed the Sunday drama ‘O Jehovah…I trust in you”. The graphics in that video amazed me to be perfectly honest. Brothers… these videos are second to none and look forward to seeing them again. So, credit where credit is due.

Now on to some constructive feedback! I felt the need to give you my thoughts on the drama regarding the girl who fell into sin by having a relationship with her works colleague. I got the point that the girl had sinned by committing fornication. I even accept why her parents asked her to move into her own flat, as it is their house and their rules and they wish to maintain a clean Christian household. I got all that! However, I found your message in this video regarding shunning quite disturbing. As you are aware, I am not a fan of your ‘current’ shunning policy, given what I have mentioned in my previous letters; but I cannot for the life of me fathom how any ‘normal’ set of parents could shun their own daughter for 15 years? Not having any contact whatsoever, as clearly shown in this drama!

What really stuck in my craw was when the mother didn’t even answer her daughter’s phone call. Can you please stop and think for a moment brothers! Supposing that young woman was phoning for an important reason! Lets say she was diagnosed with cancer and had months to live; or she was involved in a car accident and phoning from her bed in hospital; or she was attacked and badly hurt; or she developed mental health problems and needed urgent support due to feeling suicidal; or she was evicted from her flat and had no where to stay or anyone else to turn to. The list goes on, but you get the gist! The fact that the girls own mother refuses to answer the phone to her own daughter gave the impression that her parents didn’t care for their daughter’s physical or emotional wellbeing. It was precisely that which took me aback. It saddens me to think that some parents will adhere to your interpretation of shunning and actually treat their son/daughter in this way for many years, even for life in some cases. Now where did I read that Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t break up families!!

How differently your drama could have been portrayed if it had shown the following scenario. Let’s say the drama is at the point where the parents are discussing the situation with their daughter. It would have been good if you had shown her parents trying to reason with her in a loving way, asking her to respect the rules of their household based on biblical principles. But the girl is determined to continue to see her boyfriend regardless. The parents then could have been shown to say, that although they are not happy about the situation, they can see that she is determined and therefore come to an agreement that she can see him (given she is a mature adult and her right to choice) as long as she maintains a moral Christian standing whilst living in their home. That would have been fair and more reality based. The father could then have asked that she speak to her boyfriend and explain her reasons, and that she would be happy to continue her relationship with him over a period of time, with a view to marriage. The father could then have said that if her boyfriend truly loved and cared for her, he would respect her wishes as a Christian.

But let’s say the drama continues by showing the daughter to be obstinate, whereby she simply refuses to comply with her parents wishes. At this point it is therefore decided that it would be in the interest of everyone for their daughter to find her own apartment, which shows they are limiting their association with her to a degree. The drama could then have shown the parents in a good light by offering their daughter support to find a place of her own to ensure her safety and wellbeing. Though the young woman is fully aware of her parent’s disapproval due to her actions; she knows her parents will always be there for her if she falls into any kind of trouble as per the examples given earlier. This would have been far more realistic and Christian.

If the parents had shown true Christian love, support and concern for their daughter, she would more likely see the error of her ways and be drawn back to her faith sooner. In Matthew 18:17…Jesus said those practicing sin were to be treated as a man of the nations…as tax collectors. Let’s put this in context; Tax collectors in Jesus day were despised because of their role in taxing the people; but people still spoke to them! The Jews even spoke to people of the nations, though unbelievers! So basically, though her parents despised their daughter’s actions, they could still speak to her and continue to treat her as a human being! I also found it astonishing she had to wait an entire year sitting at the back of the Kingdom Hall before she received her 15-20 minute welcome (i.e. love bombing). The beautiful illustration Jesus gave in Luke chapter 11 regarding the prodigal son reads a whole lot differently to me I’m afraid. I don’t see where it says he had to wait a whole year before getting the fattened calf ready! Some food for thought….pardon the pun.

Could I also point out a little observation at this year’s convention. I have never seen so many brothers sporting beards. In fact I was astonished to see several young brothers from one congregation wearing beards. This really pleased me, because it sends out a clear message as to how many brothers feel about the unscriptural rule regarding brothers not being allowed to wear beards; a rule originated by Judge Rutherford.

I do hope you find my feed back helpful brothers. Change is happening fast, but for the better. I just pray you make the necessary changes as soon as possible to allow the friends true ‘freedom in Christ’.

I welcome your response to my feedback. My email address is - jm...............................

Many regards

Brother J M

Witness for Watchtower reform

• sir82
    sir82

For the time being I will continue to send my letters to Patterson as these will more than likely be redirected if they have moved yet.

Your letters are redirected to the wastebasket by the low-level lackey in the mail room who opens the correspondence.

• baker
    baker

Your email has less change of being read, as Hillary,s deleted emails being read by Trump and the RNC. But you get an A for effort.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Sir82 maybe one of them will read privately outside of the mailroom.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice points!

BUT...sadly.....

Conversation in the mail room:

"WHAT! Some mentally diseased apostate has said critical things!!?? WHAT?...How DARE they find fault with anything the GB has directed!"

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Thanks Baker for your A for effort. It wouldn't surprise me if some of Trumps blind followers are aware of some of Hillary's emails. I think it's more the case that Trump is fully aware of the laws on snooping and can only therefore resort to attacking Hillary Clinton in a limited way.

My hope is that the GB are aware of some of my letters and that lurking brothers with clout at Bethel read some of these letters on this forum. The society changes their teachings and policies all the time. My purpose is to give 'constructive' feedback to enable positive change and bring about freedom in Christ for all the brothers. To bring in a spirit of Christian freedom and love as opposed to a spirit of fear and guilt.

Regards

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Nice points and you never know what might happen before it get's filed in the shredder.

I think the other really sick part of this shunning story is the end point in the post Armageddon video where it shows the sister with her kids but not her husband. She is shown smiling away yet her husband and father of her children is toast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit