Too Much Discontent in the Congregation Part 3

by Simon Templar 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm 36. I was told I'd never finish elementary school, much less enter or graduate high school. The May 1984 WT is forever seared into my mind. In the early 1980's, you could SMELL and TASTE the end; that's how close it was ! It was promised to the masses from the podium, during talk after talk. People never dreamed of seeing the year 2000 flip over in this System of Things, and now here we are 15 years after that date even? Time is a funny thing. Half my life ago I was 18 and had my whole life ahead of me. Now, I realize that I'm halfway to 72. That is really depressing.

All this stuff with Radical Islam and stuff happening in the news makes one wonder if Governments aren't ready to turn on at least THAT hateful religion, sparking off the Great Tribulation, WWIII, Armageddon? No. I study how bad world events and atrocities were in WWII during the 1930's and 1940's, and I think, "We're not even anywhere near those horrific conditions yet, so what is everyone so paranoid about?" World conditions are better than ever, yes there is bad, but nothing to rival past atrocities. (yet anyway). But then I think about the bible verse where Jesus said about, "you'll hear of wars, rumours of wars, and yet still the end will not come. For not the angels or even the son knows the day or the hour, but only the Father." (something like that) So really, what the hell is WT selling? No one knows the day nor the hour, so why keep pushing this fear-mongering?

Wait! Now I remember...........it's a Cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

She really feels betrayed

That's because she has been betrayed!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WC: Wait! Now I remember...........it's a Cult!

Yes it is.

Catchy phrase!

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ Kaik, frankly were all bamboozled by the prospect of paradise. If something looks like it's too good to be true then it is too good to be true but that's not the way JWs think and if all your friends think the same way then it's easier and more hopeful to continue believing the unbelievable.

This is the JW method... it never delivers.

Wakey wakey Watchtower!

(Catch phrase to compete with Oubliette...only kidding)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JW congregations are not typically happy places.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    fulltimestudent said '...My paradise - what more could I ask for?...'

Sorry but it doesn't look like much of a paradise to me.
  • One_day
    One_day

My mum is about the most loyal Witness there is. Brought in about 50 people plus their families.

It makes me incredibly sad to think she is going to see the bankruptcy of the Org. I still believe in a Creator and I would like to think He will still reward her for her faith and devotion although misplaced.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Esse quam videri: Sorry but it doesn't look like much of a paradise to me.

Nope?
    Have you a rigid idea of what a paradise should look like?
    Why should paradise look like your idea of paradise?
    Is paradise a place or a feeling?
    If its a feeling, what sort of feelings should you have for it to be classed as paradise?

Go take this intellectual journey to paradise and find out what a paradise is really like?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

For some, "Paradise" really is the way the WTS pictures it.

For others, it's the Playboy Mansion.

• out4good4
    out4good4

For still others it's just

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit