Has the Australian Royal Commision been shown the 2016 convention videos?

by stuckinarut2 6 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wonder if the ARC have seen the series of videos being shown at the 2016 convention?

Part of their questioning was about the societies treatment of those who want to leave without prejudice or shunning from family. For example, The way the parents kicked out the daughter, and refused to answer a phone call from her...

Also they used the expression "a captive organisation",which Jackson denied.

What about the paranoia and fear tactics used in the "bunker / basement" series? How does that affect little children watching it?

• zeb
    zeb

If anyone has the ability to send a link of the relevant convention videos to the ARC it would be doing a profound service to humanity.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That sounds like a good idea stuckinarut2 ,, not that I am capable of doing it myself .

However , I am capable of sending Angus Stewart an e-mail informing him of the relevant videos shown at the 2016 Conventions for him to view .

I would encourage everybody to contact the ARC ,or any member of the committee with your feedback about the JW Convention

Angus Stewart`s e-mail is : [email protected]

And can someone summarize /expand on the illustrations above ? with more details ?

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Aaaaaaand to Anthony Morris III...

..."liar, liar, pants on fire".

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I am far from a "legal eagle." However, I wonder if this can have a bearing on anything in Australia. If the convention isn't held and the video isn't shown in the Australian jurisdiction, how can the commission say that it damages the country's culture and breaks the law. I heard that the assemblies in Australia have been cancelled. Is this true?

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

exjwlemming 10 minutes ago

Official 2016 schedule, Australia selected:

https://www.jw.org/apps/E_SEARCHCONV?selLocation=AUS&selLanguageID=1&txtBeginDate=yyyy-mm-dd&txtEndDate=yyyy-mm-dd&txtSearch=&txtAction=SEARCH&selSortBy=1

Long story short: yes, they are having conventions in Australia.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Exjwlemming, there is no way the assemblies have been cancelled in Australia sorry.

The videos will be shown there for sure...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit