Happy Thanksgiving 2017

by EverApostate 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Once upon a time, as a JW, I was afraid to buy turkey during thanksgiving time. While attending the thursday night ministry school meeting (On thanksgiving day), I was cautious not to mention the word thanksgiving, for fear of bringing reproach to BigJ.

Now, free at last, My Happy Thanksgiving wishes to everyone who celebrate this Holiday.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

We had an elder give a talk one time and he actually said "if you eat turkey ay Christmas time ho do you think you are kidding?"

I used to get nervous buying it too but if you like it, Christmas is the only time you can get it.

Same thing with Easter eggs and hot cross buns. So silly to get so anxious about food.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Happy Thanksgiving to you EverApostate. May your pants be able to stretch and your belt have a fast release buckle. We will be enjoying company with several good friends about 15 in all tomorrow. This will be our 3rd time celebrating Thanksgiving with them. Have a great day tomorrow and let's all be thankful we are no longer in the cult. Still Totally ADD

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thanks moreconfusedthanever and Still Totally ADD

Heading to the Grocery store now to get that Big Fat Turkey.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Happy Thanksgiving.

I always enjoy a turkey on Thanksgiving. This was one holiday that my family never missed - even as a JW. While we did not call it a holiday, the turkey on our table was just as tasty as what was on the table of a pagan.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

This is one Holiday that I never could wrap my mind around to understand why it was so bad. The cheapest price on Turkey meat is in November, what is wrong with purchasing something on sale? Many grocery stores will give a turkey away with a certain amount of purchases. This is one holiday that all the family members are off for four days and they can get together. There is no tree involved, special decorations, or gift giving. It is just a family or friends gathering, a meal, and some football. What is wrong with a day of thanks and appreciation? I believe this was something that Rutherford came up with to isolate witnesses from the mainstream.

• LV101
    LV101

Ole Booze eR fraud was like a toxic parent that conquered and divided families. Isolation was his mission and the stupid cult jumped at it. Think so many JWs are from estranged, dysfunctional, crazy, families to begin with so no big deal for many -- the hall soon became their life.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yes, demonizing even Thanksgiving.

Anyway what can we expect form a CULT

• Tallon
    Tallon

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends.

I hope you have a great time with your family.

• flipper
    flipper

Happy Thanksgiving everybody to you all from Mr. & Mrs. Flipper . Get some time off from work and rest folks ! Peace out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit