What year did the Governing Body make cannibalism acceptable?

by Terry 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Yes - it is a kind of "trick" question!

The subject in question is really ORGAN TRANSPLANTS which the Dec. 22, 1949 p.20 AWAKE! called
    "wonderful and useful" ...until ...
    by the magic of New Light
    suddenly became "cannibalism" on Nov. 15, 1967, Watchtower pp.702-704

Consequently, the answer to the question" What year did the Governing Body make cannibalism acceptable?"
    can rightly be answered as:
    "The year the Governing Body made their own definition of cannibalism acceptable was Mar. 15, 1980 p.31 (Watchtower).

Simply stated, the 'spirit-led" leaders provided cannibal food at the proper time on that date.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That change (making organ transplants acceptable) sets up one of the biggest contradictions in the world of religion, and it is sitting right in the lap of Jehovah's Witnesses.

To this day Watchtower says that blood is an organ, a liquid organ, which is ok with me, in fact I'm glad they say that.

As it has stood since 1980 JWs can take any organ transplant there is - and it isn't considered eating, they won't be disfellowshipped for it, they don't have to meet in the back room of a Kingdom Hall with a Judicial group of elders, they won't be judged for it in any way, they are good to go, which is as it should be - except one. If they take the organ of blood, a transfusion, it is considered eating and it is a disfellowshipping (or disassociation) offense.

Go figure.

• Terry
    Terry

What is "true" and from Jehovah (i.e. whatever the GB says) becomes no longer true when New Light appears.
    Is there any better condemnation of the foundation of Watchtower's "guidance" by God?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I remember bringing this up with my mother when she would have been in her seventies. I was shocked. She had always given me the impression that she cared about people, but on this subject she didn't give a sh!t for the kids and families affected. I made sure that she knew that I wasn't impressed with her attitude and her double standards.

• Terry
    Terry

The longer you are inside this Organization the more dulled are your natural sympathies or empathy
    for ordinary people. Even when a close friend in the JW community dies everybody goes about their day
    confident they'll see them again.
    Cold-hearted? No. Just empty-hearted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit