What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• looter
    looter

And I find it so ridiculous how we are still arguing about the purpose of life. It is so obvious what the purpose of life is and I mentioned it before. The purpose of life is to worship God and I have proof for this in 2nd Kings 17:39. It is so simple yet the majority of the people on this forum have difficulty with that simple command of his and it really is disheartening. All he wants us to do is acknowledge Him in all you all want to do is hate him. Shame, nothing but shame for a lot of you! Is it really that hard to digest? It cannot be that hard, and most of you just refused because you want to do what you want to do because you believe you know more than God. Well I got news for you all, feel his wrath when you don't have a choice anymore. That's enough said.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Purpose of life? who gives a rip. You create that according to your capacity. I just wanted my post to be #400. Maybe that's just as good a purpose as any other. I better hurry before someone beats me.

EDIT Damn it! I lost my purpose in life. Thank a lot looter (sarcasm). You really are a piece of work.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

If you hate something you're acknowledging it.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Me too but I was talking about in the context of the problem of evil. Evil still have no known explanation even in an atheistic scenario.

Does goodness have an explanation?

Oh! I forgot, it came from the asshole who inspired the Bible and thinks women are worth half as much as men and many, many other "good things"

• never a jw
    never a jw
    SBF

Okay so now you're saying it is possible to be a Christian without being either ignorant or dishonest.

Yes, However, most Christians are very ignorant of the history of their religion and their holy book. I am willing to bet that more than half would quit Christianity if they studied in depth those two subjects (bible and history of Christianity)Sorry about meddling in others' debates. I just couldn't help it
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

looter: Please bookmark this topic so that in ten or fifteen years time, after you've grown up a bit, you can come back and apologise for your childish behaviour.

• looter
    looter

For the last time, I am not a child. I'm probably older than you in spirit which is why I conduct myself with which God has given me and I am not ashamed to speak up about what is right. People like you think that a person trying to help you is bad but the truth is that the so-called people who claim to have scientific advancements and knowledge are actually very mentally deluded because that's all they believe. They don't realize that science is man-made and is further taking our society to hell and you all act like you're okay with that. So disheartening and the fact that none of you really care adds to the pain.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

looter, can you not see how many here have tried to help you? A little humility would go down well I think.

• looter
    looter

Try to help me? They've done nothing more than try to dilute my mind with the nonsense and I am no longer taking it period. I'm mad now and I don't care who hates the Lord, he will feel what he deserves for doing so. Only a select few here actually want to help in which they don't need to because I'm perfectly a genuine believer. All they want to do is spread the hatred around and they've done a very good job at that as most on this site have inherited that sort of evil and cynical type of stance toward God but I'm trying to change that and with only so few trying to help that with me, it might be a losing battle especially when we have people like you.

• prologos
    prologos

Looter you got it backward, reverse read your name: so? re-tool, think about science taking us not to, but away from hell, which after all is a religious invention to scare the gullible, and collect their money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit