What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

So if you find your own purpose and live happily or if you subscribe to temporary work to attain a paradise (albeit due to a benefactor) and THEN you lay around and eat grapes all day,

what is the difference?

In both scenerios the end game is to have a "dream" life.

• prologos
    prologos
    millie210: "THEN you lay around and eat grapes all day,

a pioneer in the 1960s had a different idea, don.'t eat the grapes, let them turn themselves into alcohol. His goal in life: to be a farmer in the New World, a one crop farmer. vineyard, grapes.

• millie210
    millie210

prologos I think youve found it...

the dream life!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Crucify the 7 leaders of the cult .stick burning pine needles into them while they writhe on the stauros while eliciting a confession from them that they are:

1. Not anointed

2. Not qualified to interpret the bible

3. Charlatans out for a good life and luxury at the expense of honest folks who gave up their lives and are breaking their backs to keep these scumbags living in style, while they laugh up their sleeves at confounding 8+ million suckers

4. In no way honest, decent ,truthful or humane.

5 have made up all the crap that today masquerades as the JW religion.

6. Their greed for money and power makes them the top criminals - who never get caught- for the last 150 years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is the purpose of life?

To Live Your Life..

Image result for sunset in the mountains

Or Waste It..

Image result for man on soapbox

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Obviously there is no purpose because we evolved, except perhaps to be happier than our parents, the previous generation etc. Social evolution in other words. That may mean however a great deal of effort to work out what exactly makes homo sapiens happy. And you thought the origin of life was a deep question!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

This was a question that bothered me greatly as a JW. When the then new brochure entitled, "What is the Purpose of Life?" came out, I couldn't wait to read it. When I finished reading it I thought, "That's God's purpose, not mine!"

• Island Man
    Island Man

There is no THE purpose of life. We each have the choice to give A purpose to our life. Asking what is THE purpose of life is like asking what is THE purpose of the bubbles that foam up when a wave crashes on the rocks.

• millie210
    millie210
    Sail Away
    This was a question that bothered me greatly as a JW. When the then new brochure entitled, "What is the Purpose of Life?" came out, I couldn't wait to read it. When I finished reading it I thought, "That's God's purpose, not mine!

Im glad somebody else had such heretical thoughts.

The Org always gave the sense that to not live for the new system was to waste ones life.

All worldly people were hedonists.

But what are the people in the supposed new system?

Isnt the ultimate outcome to have no worries and loads of time and toss a little lip service heavenward?

Take out that last thing and what is the difference between what people do now and what they would do then?

• prologos
    prologos

to see how far life will take us, to pass it on, upward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit